Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Lethal Weapon Director's Cut DVDs

Lethal Weapon Director's Cut DVDs

Aphelion

I'd like to own this series, but what's the scoop with the Director's Cut
editions? LW4 has only had one DVD release, so that's cool... but what's
added to 1-3? Does the extra footage detract from or benefit the films? I
love 1 & 2 but the thought of unncessary footage wedged between their scenes
has made me hold off on these for a while.

Aphelion

FAQmeister

"Aphelion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Enk%d.84217$(E-Mail Removed)
> I'd like to own this series, but what's the scoop with the Director's
> Cut editions? LW4 has only had one DVD release, so that's cool...
> but what's added to 1-3? Does the extra footage detract from or
> benefit the films? I love 1 & 2 but the thought of unncessary
> footage wedged between their scenes has made me hold off on these for
> a while.
>
> Aphelion

It's not enought to worry about. LW1 has about 7 minutes additional
character development for Riggs concerning his dead wife. LW2 and LW3
have 3 and 2 minutes respectively--or is it 2 and 3 minutes
respectively? Whatever. LW1 is the only one where the additional footage
is even noticable.
--
Buford T. Justice
The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:

zoltan47

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:36:00 -0800, "FAQmeister"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Aphelion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:Enk%d.84217$(E-Mail Removed)
>> I'd like to own this series, but what's the scoop with the Director's
>> Cut editions? LW4 has only had one DVD release, so that's cool...
>> but what's added to 1-3? Does the extra footage detract from or
>> benefit the films? I love 1 & 2 but the thought of unncessary
>> footage wedged between their scenes has made me hold off on these for
>> a while.
>>
>> Aphelion

>It's not enought to worry about. LW1 has about 7 minutes additional
>character development for Riggs concerning his dead wife. LW2 and LW3
>have 3 and 2 minutes respectively--or is it 2 and 3 minutes
>respectively? Whatever. LW1 is the only one where the additional footage
>is even noticable.

The main attraction for me was the addition of the DTS tracks on these
three.