Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Name of Warner comedy collection??

Name of Warner comedy collection??

G. M. Watson

I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to find the new Warners comedy box
set-- the one that includes "Bringing up Baby"-- on Amazon, with no results.
I've tried "Warner comedy", classic comedies", "comedy classics" and
multiple variations thereof. Amazon's often undependable search engine has
been steering me toward everything from a John Wayne box to "Meet John Doe"
to a collection of Ealing comedies (a serendipitous find, actually).I'm
generally pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly defeated
me. For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name of
that box??

P Pron

G. M. Watson wrote:
> I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to find the new Warners
> comedy box set-- the one that includes "Bringing up Baby"-- on
> Amazon, with no results. I've tried "Warner comedy", classic
> comedies", "comedy classics" and multiple variations thereof.
> Amazon's often undependable search engine has been steering me toward
> everything from a John Wayne box to "Meet John Doe" to a collection
> of Ealing comedies (a serendipitous find, actually).I'm generally
> pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly defeated me.
> For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name
> of that box??

You've set a challenge!

No trace of it on Amazon.com at the moment, but it seems to have been
there....

Googling produced an Amazon link, which was broken. But the Google cached
version of the unavailable Amazon page is at
http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...=en&lr=lang_en

The box is called " Classic Comedies Collection (Bringing Up Baby / The
Philadelphia Story Two-Disc Special Edition / Dinner at Eight / Libeled Lady
/ Stage Door / To Be or Not to Be) (193 "

paul

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:02:08 -0800, "G. M. Watson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to find the new Warners comedy box
>set-- the one that includes "Bringing up Baby"-- on Amazon, with no results.
>I've tried "Warner comedy", classic comedies", "comedy classics" and
>multiple variations thereof. Amazon's often undependable search engine has
>been steering me toward everything from a John Wayne box to "Meet John Doe"
>to a collection of Ealing comedies (a serendipitous find, actually).I'm
>generally pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly defeated
>me. For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name of
>that box??

Classic Comedies Collection. I got mine from Amazon.com and I must
say it's one of the best things Warner ever put out. It's no longer
available anywhere. Unless someone can find it?

... Steve ..

Dave Garrett

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:02:08 -0800, "G. M. Watson"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to find the new Warners comedy box
> >set-- the one that includes "Bringing up Baby"-- on Amazon, with no results.
> >I've tried "Warner comedy", classic comedies", "comedy classics" and
> >multiple variations thereof. Amazon's often undependable search engine has
> >been steering me toward everything from a John Wayne box to "Meet John Doe"
> >to a collection of Ealing comedies (a serendipitous find, actually).I'm
> >generally pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly defeated
> >me. For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name of
> >that box??

> Classic Comedies Collection. I got mine from Amazon.com and I must
> say it's one of the best things Warner ever put out. It's no longer
> available anywhere. Unless someone can find it?

That is weird - it seems to have vanished from Amazon. I preordered it
there several months ago and received my copy a week or so ago.

But it's still available at Deep Discount DVD:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemid=WBD069736

Dave

Joe McC

"Steve(JazzHunter)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:02:08 -0800, "G. M. Watson"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to find the new Warners comedy
>>box
>>set-- the one that includes "Bringing up Baby"-- on Amazon, with no
>>results.
>>I've tried "Warner comedy", classic comedies", "comedy classics" and
>>multiple variations thereof. Amazon's often undependable search engine has
>>been steering me toward everything from a John Wayne box to "Meet John
>>Doe"
>>to a collection of Ealing comedies (a serendipitous find, actually).I'm
>>generally pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly
>>defeated
>>me. For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name
>>of
>>that box??

> Classic Comedies Collection. I got mine from Amazon.com and I must
> say it's one of the best things Warner ever put out. It's no longer
> available anywhere. Unless someone can find it?
>
> .. Steve ..

The box set is considerably cheaper than buying the individual movies.
Amazon are being naughty.

They did the same with the Warners Gangster Collection too.

Bill Coleman

"Dave Garrett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:02:08 -0800, "G. M. Watson"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to find the new Warners comedy
>> >box
>> >set-- the one that includes "Bringing up Baby"-- on Amazon, with no
>> >results.
>> >I've tried "Warner comedy", classic comedies", "comedy classics" and
>> >multiple variations thereof. Amazon's often undependable search engine
>> >has
>> >been steering me toward everything from a John Wayne box to "Meet John
>> >Doe"
>> >to a collection of Ealing comedies (a serendipitous find, actually).I'm
>> >generally pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly
>> >defeated
>> >me. For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name
>> >of
>> >that box??

>> Classic Comedies Collection. I got mine from Amazon.com and I must
>> say it's one of the best things Warner ever put out. It's no longer
>> available anywhere. Unless someone can find it?

> That is weird - it seems to have vanished from Amazon. I preordered it
> there several months ago and received my copy a week or so ago.
>
> But it's still available at Deep Discount DVD:
>
> http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemid=WBD069736
>
> Dave

Also at CD/Video Universe:
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...cart=236179921

Bill Coleman

Marion

I got mine at Sams Club at a good price.

"G. M. Watson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to find the new Warners comedy
> box
> set-- the one that includes "Bringing up Baby"-- on Amazon, with no
> results.
> I've tried "Warner comedy", classic comedies", "comedy classics" and
> multiple variations thereof. Amazon's often undependable search engine has
> been steering me toward everything from a John Wayne box to "Meet John
> Doe"
> to a collection of Ealing comedies (a serendipitous find, actually).I'm
> generally pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly
> defeated
> me. For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name
> of
> that box??

Bill Vermillion

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Steve(JazzHunter) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:02:08 -0800, "G. M. Watson"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to find the new Warners comedy box
>>set-- the one that includes "Bringing up Baby"-- on Amazon, with no results.
>>I've tried "Warner comedy", classic comedies", "comedy classics" and
>>multiple variations thereof. Amazon's often undependable search engine has
>>been steering me toward everything from a John Wayne box to "Meet John Doe"
>>to a collection of Ealing comedies (a serendipitous find, actually).I'm
>>generally pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly defeated
>>me. For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name of
>>that box??

>Classic Comedies Collection. I got mine from Amazon.com and I must
>say it's one of the best things Warner ever put out. It's no longer
>available anywhere. Unless someone can find it?

I saw it at Sam's last week.

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

jayembee

(E-Mail Removed) (Bill Vermillion) wrote:

>> Classic Comedies Collection. I got mine from Amazon.com and I must
>> say it's one of the best things Warner ever put out. It's no longer
>> available anywhere. Unless someone can find it?

> I saw it at Sam's last week.

I picked up my copy the week of it's release at BJ's Wholesale Club
for, if memory serves, $45. Seems to me I saw other copies at BJ's
just the other night.

(For some reason, neither BJ's nor Costco seemed to get in the Classic
Musicals Collection, though both had the individual releases of EASTER
PARADE and THE BAND WAGON.)

-- jayembee

Comedy Central mail list - I can't get them to unsubscribe me!! Pauline Johnson Computer Support 5 03-05-2004 01:54 AM
Comedy Show Nick DVD Video 1 02-03-2004 01:48 PM
Best British comedy Rob K Computer Support 43 01-16-2004 08:58 PM
The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour on DVD susan DVD Video 2 11-13-2003 07:12 AM
"The Office" Season 1 on DVD: BBC Comedy Shane Gould DVD Video 1 10-04-2003 11:07 PM

Advertisments