Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Disney store Incredibles fullscreen OUTRAGE

Disney store Incredibles fullscreen OUTRAGE

unclejr

Mike wrote:
> They only have fullscreen.

Not if you would have pre-ordered from disneydirect.com... Not only
did I receive the WS DVD *AND* the lithographs in the mail, but a
handful of other folks that I know received the WS DVD from them as
well.

-Junior

dis_gruntled_1998@yahoo.com

If your full-screen copy is new and unopened (sealed), Wal-Mart will
take it as a return without a receipt and give you store credit. Take
off any extra stickers the Disney Store may have put on the outside
before you take it to Wal-Mart though.

Arthur Bang wrote:
> I had the same thing happen.. Went to the Disney store, and they

only had
> fullscreen. Because I'd heard about it only being available that way

on
> disneydirect.com, I didn't question it, but did what others did and

went and
> bought a widescreen copy elsewhere. I also plan on either giving the

FS as
> a gift, or putting it up on Ebay (although copies right now are only

going
> for around $12)...

imsjry

Mort Shuman wrote:
> I had the same exact problem. I can't believe that the Disney Store

only
> supplies Full Screen versions - I called two locations, and they said

the
> same thing. They are only getting full screen. They said normally

they get
> both, but for some reason, they're only getting FS for The

Incredibles. So
> I went to Best Buy, got another Lithograph (sheesh!), and paid about

$16 the
> widescreen version. I have yet to pick up the FS version - I'll

probably
> give it to a family member who doesn't care either way.

Unbelievable...

I guarantee you that the store gets many more complaints from people
about why their movie has "black bars" in it, than complaints from you
guys who like widescreen.

Justin

imsjry wrote on [17 Mar 2005 12:09:51 -0800]:

> Mort Shuman wrote:
>> I had the same exact problem. I can't believe that the Disney Store

> only
>> supplies Full Screen versions - I called two locations, and they said

> the
>> same thing. They are only getting full screen. They said normally

> they get
>> both, but for some reason, they're only getting FS for The

> Incredibles. So
>> I went to Best Buy, got another Lithograph (sheesh!), and paid about

> $16 the
>> widescreen version. I have yet to pick up the FS version - I'll

> probably
>> give it to a family member who doesn't care either way.

> Unbelievable...
>>

> I guarantee you that the store gets many more complaints from people
> about why their movie has "black bars" in it, than complaints from you
> guys who like widescreen.

And millions of people think that smoking is a good choice...

Kevin

lugnut <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Mostly unrelated to this situation, but upon going by Movie Gallery
> yesterday, I noticed they had a rather large number of copies...all
> fullscreen - which is completely unusual for that store. All their
> new "for sale" copies were FS, as well.

> Perhaps Disney is heavily pushing the FS version through its
> distributors for...some reason?

For what it's worth, I was at the local Future Shop on Tuesday night and
there were tons of FS editions, but there was a sign up saying the widescreen
version was all sold out. I had been there before earlier in the day to
pick up my widescreen copy, there were tons.

So maybe they did stock widescreen versions but were very quickly sold out.

omarenoryt@aol.com

>I guarantee you that the store gets many more complaints from people
>about why their movie has "black bars" in it, than complaints from you

>guys who like widescreen.

Highly doubtful considering sales numbers but nice try anyway.