Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Incredibles fullscreen better?

Incredibles fullscreen better?

mikeha.ca@gmail.com

Did Pixar do with the fullscreen version of the Incredibles what they
did with the fullscreen of Finding Nemo? That is, the fullscreen
actually had more picture in it because they took the widescreen
version and re-rendered it so the picture took up the full frame
instead of cropping the widescreen down.

Anybody know? Maybe the fullscreen is the better version if they did.

Jay G.

On 15 Mar 2005 16:51:53 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Did Pixar do with the fullscreen version of the Incredibles what they
> did with the fullscreen of Finding Nemo? That is, the fullscreen
> actually had more picture in it because they took the widescreen
> version and re-rendered it so the picture took up the full frame
> instead of cropping the widescreen down.
>
> Anybody know? Maybe the fullscreen is the better version if they did.

Even if they did, it wouldn't be better. It's just like open-matte
transfers, just because there's *more* doesn't mean it's *better*. The best
way to see it is in the aspect ratio the director originally intended you
to see it in.

-Jay

jayembee

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Did Pixar do with the fullscreen version of the Incredibles what they
> did with the fullscreen of Finding Nemo? That is, the fullscreen
> actually had more picture in it because they took the widescreen
> version and re-rendered it so the picture took up the full frame
> instead of cropping the widescreen down.

When Pixar re-renders their films for fullscreen, they aren't offering
*more* picture. They just move the elements of the picture around to
accomodate the different framing. You're getting the same content
either way.

> Anybody know? Maybe the fullscreen is the better version if they did.

Doubtful.

-- jayembee

Biz

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Did Pixar do with the fullscreen version of the Incredibles what they
> did with the fullscreen of Finding Nemo? That is, the fullscreen
> actually had more picture in it because they took the widescreen
> version and re-rendered it so the picture took up the full frame
> instead of cropping the widescreen down.
>
> Anybody know? Maybe the fullscreen is the better version if they did.

If it wasnt fullscreen in the theater, than it isnt better no matter what
they did to it.

dvdguy2@webtv.net

wrote: Even if they did, it wouldn't be better. It's just like
open-matte transfers, just because there's *more* doesn't mean it's
*better*. The best way to see it is in the aspect ratio the director
originally intended you to see it in.

Like the circular "aspect ratio" on some shows on my WB and Fox tv
stations.

"aspect ratio" used for lack of a better term for a circle-shaped
picture

omarenoryt@aol.com

>Anybody know? Maybe the fullscreen is the better version if they did.

You're a gullible fool.

Kevin

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Anybody know? Maybe the fullscreen is the better version if they did.

Even if it was, it would look awful in my widescreen-aspect theatre room.
There'd be black bars on the sides.