Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVDSoon's Fidelity iCard 2 free DVDs offer

DVDSoon's Fidelity iCard 2 free DVDs offer

JF Sebastian

Hi,

as the subject says, what's the deal with the two free DVDs upon a new
iCard registration? I wrote them a mail asking which DVDs are in their
so-called "vast selection of eligible titles" except the ten displayed
on the offer page but all they send (yes, they did answer seemed to be
a list of their current Top 15 titles. Even pretended to order something
but that "vast selection" is only revealed _after_ you payed for it
(i.e. payed for the iCard).

Anybody here who registered for this card in the past weeks? What titles
were offered? Simply anything they have in stock below 50 $CAN? Or is it
really some kind of selected, hand-picked titles [they don't rid off
because nobody buys that crap ]?

I'd certainly be interested in Blade Runner or Total Recall but since
each of them are priced at 10 CAN$ it would still be 30 CAN$ to go to
break even - which is (for me as a non-regular DVD buyer) a bit hard if
every other order only saves some three or four bucks on DVD price and
free p&p. If e.g. the season 2 box of Magnum P.I. is in there it'd of
course be something different.

Any info appreciated, jfs

Bratboy

Okay, those listed ones are your choices. I took incredibles and Queen as my
choices since already own the Total Recall set. Where you "break even" is
that on top of the free disc's you also get an additional discount on all
items plus, if I understand things you build up points based on what you do
spend that can then be used o buy even more stuff. For Febuary till the 3rd
of march it was at 20% so on a larger purchase you can come out ahead. Oh
yeah and free shipping to boot. I ended up getting all 5 seasons of South
Park for right at $100 USD, cheapest alternative site was $149 plus I got 2
free movies so all in all its not bad. I think now their giving ifidelity
cards a 14% off offer. As to how Dvdsoons service is I don't know as this is
my first round with them. Was warned they can be slow to ship but tween the
cost savings and the fact that none of the titles I ordered are ones I cant
wait on, for me the extra savings was worth a shot. The bits of money saved
here & there can add up pretty fast. DVD $20-20%=$4 off then add at least $1
saved on shipping plus the avoidance of any taxes (where I am its like 7
cents on the dollar) so another $1.40 or so. Total savings Approx $6.40 on a
$20 disc so at least for me nothing to complain about, hehe.
Cheers

news:(E-Mail Removed)...