Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Exotcist, the Beginning

Exotcist, the Beginning

Irulan

hey, how come in this movie Father Merrick is British, but in The Exorcist
he has suddenly turned Swedish?

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Irulan

ok, I take it back. The actor is Swedish. I guess his old Swedish accent
just crept up on Father Merrin (not Merrick) in his old age, heh.

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time
"Irulan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hey, how come in this movie Father Merrick is British, but in The Exorcist
> he has suddenly turned Swedish?
>
> --
>
> Irulan
> from the stars we come
> to the stars we return
> from now until the end of time

Rob

"Irulan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hey, how come in this movie Father Merrick is British, but in The Exorcist
> he has suddenly turned Swedish?
>
> --

And how come John Constantine is an American?

Rob
Canada

docdude316

Rob wrote:
> "Irulan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>hey, how come in this movie Father Merrick is British, but in The Exorcist
>>he has suddenly turned Swedish?
>>
>>--

> And how come John Constantine is an American?
>
> Rob
> Canada

Because Keanu Reeves can't do a convincing British accent.

Incremental Jones

"Irulan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ok, I take it back. The actor is Swedish. I guess his old Swedish accent
> just crept up on Father Merrin (not Merrick) in his old age, heh.

Max VonSydow was only 43 or so when the film was made. The old age make-up
and his performance are very impressive.

Rob

"docdude316" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eP6Wd.9961$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Rob wrote:
> > "Irulan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>hey, how come in this movie Father Merrick is British, but in The

Exorcist
> >>he has suddenly turned Swedish?
> >>
> >>--

> > And how come John Constantine is an American?
> >
> > Rob
> > Canada
> >

> Because Keanu Reeves can't do a convincing British accent.

But he does a great piece of wood!

Joshua Zyber

"docdude316" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eP6Wd.9961$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> And how come John Constantine is an American?
>>

> Because Keanu Reeves can't do a convincing British accent.

His American accent isn't particularly convincing either.

unclejr

Joshua Zyber wrote:
> > Because Keanu Reeves can't do a convincing British accent.

> His American accent isn't particularly convincing either.

Josh,

One title for you: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

His American accent for this film was spot on. <grin>

-Junior

Frank Sereno

Joshua Zyber wrote:
> "docdude316" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eP6Wd.9961$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>
>>>And how come John Constantine is an American?
>>>

>>Because Keanu Reeves can't do a convincing British accent.

> His American accent isn't particularly convincing either.

And that's one helluva a stretch for a Canadian from Toronto, eh?