Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Heat (SE) Oddity

Heat (SE) Oddity

Aphelion

At timecode 54:28, right when Amy Brenneman hangs up the phone after talking
with Robert De Niro, the color tint of the picture shifts drastically. It's
so distracting it almost looks like a single frame was cut during editing,
but I freeze-framed it and it's just the color tint. I was wondering if
anyone else noticed this.

Aphelion

Douglas Bailey

Aphelion wrote:
> At timecode 54:28, right when Amy Brenneman hangs up the phone after
> talking with Robert De Niro, the color tint of the picture shifts
> drastically.... I was wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Yes. This color shift is one of the points raised in this HTF post
(pointing out that the new disc appears to use the same transfer as the
original DVD release):

<http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?postid=2580202>

There's a similar shift on the two-disc edition of _Memento_ that's not
present on the single-disc edition. Misplaced color-timing information,
perhaps?

doug

--
"You got to watch for the exit wounds
When girls say 'yes'..."

Heat Michael Hims Computer Support 8 08-17-2004 02:48 PM
Processor speed/heat issues A Chap Computer Support 4 08-14-2004 10:35 AM
Harddrive noise and heat billybronco Computer Support 31 06-06-2004 12:42 PM
AMD processor heat tolerances CoffeenSmokes Computer Support 6 01-10-2004 04:47 AM
CPU Heat--how much is too much? PowerPost2000 Computer Support 4 12-22-2003 12:40 AM

Advertisments