Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > If anyone is able, please help with TV Series - "CHILLERS"

If anyone is able, please help with TV Series - "CHILLERS"

Film Buff

I was in Best Buy today and picked up a new 3-disc DVD from Platinum
(Yeah, I know - some good, some bad) for $14.99.
This is a TV series called "CHILLERS" hosted by Anthony Perkins.
It was possibly a British show as it was called "Mistress of Suspense"
in England.
The IMDB gives a date around 1990 but I do not remember this series at
all. Was it ever shown in the US?
There are 12 episodes total (4 per DVD each running 52 mins) and the
majority of the episodes are based on the short stories of Patricia
Highsmith ("Strangers on a Train", Talented Mr. Ripley", "Ripley's
Game", etc.) - hence the English name for the series.
The DVD quality is EXCELLENT and the stories are psychological
thrillers with twist endings
Does anyone at all remember this series and if these were all the
episodes produced?
Thanks for your help in advance.

P.S. I have noticed a trend with Platinum, they put out certain
episodes of a TV series and then do not put out any more. An exception
is "Ray Bradbury Theater" - it is complete with all 65 episodes but
the Original "Starhunter" is missing 7 episodes from season 1 and all
of Season 2; the TV series "Ghost Stories" is missing 4 episodes

Rob

There is a series called "Chillers" starting on March 1 on one of the
Canadian digital channels. I don't know if it's the one you are looking
for - the first ep is titled "A Curious Suicide".

Rob
Canada

"Film Buff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was in Best Buy today and picked up a new 3-disc DVD from Platinum
> (Yeah, I know - some good, some bad) for $14.99.
> This is a TV series called "CHILLERS" hosted by Anthony Perkins.
> It was possibly a British show as it was called "Mistress of Suspense"
> in England.
> The IMDB gives a date around 1990 but I do not remember this series at
> all. Was it ever shown in the US?
> There are 12 episodes total (4 per DVD each running 52 mins) and the
> majority of the episodes are based on the short stories of Patricia
> Highsmith ("Strangers on a Train", Talented Mr. Ripley", "Ripley's
> Game", etc.) - hence the English name for the series.
> The DVD quality is EXCELLENT and the stories are psychological
> thrillers with twist endings
> Does anyone at all remember this series and if these were all the
> episodes produced?
> Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> P.S. I have noticed a trend with Platinum, they put out certain
> episodes of a TV series and then do not put out any more. An exception
> is "Ray Bradbury Theater" - it is complete with all 65 episodes but
> the Original "Starhunter" is missing 7 episodes from season 1 and all
> of Season 2; the TV series "Ghost Stories" is missing 4 episodes

Film Buff

Yep, This is the one!
Be sure that they are complete and UNCUT!
The running time for each episode on the DVD is 52 mins.
Is there any link on the net that wouild give the schedule for these.
I am wondering how many total episodes there were?
Thanks again