Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > American Graffiti DVD Question

American Graffiti DVD Question

Aphelion

Does the 1998 Collector's Edition DVD have the same transfer as the recent
"Drive-In Double Feature" edition? I ask becasue I'd rather own the
individual releases for these films, I think the packaging on the DIDF
sucks. I just want to be sure the video quality on that earlier release is
the same.

Aphelion

lugnut

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:51:21 GMT, "Aphelion" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Does the 1998 Collector's Edition DVD have the same transfer as the recent
>"Drive-In Double Feature" edition? I ask becasue I'd rather own the
>individual releases for these films, I think the packaging on the DIDF
>sucks. I just want to be sure the video quality on that earlier release is
>the same.
>

>Aphelion

You'll probably want somebody who has both to compare them side by
side, but just working from my memory, I can't recall the original AG
SE disc's transfer looking any worse than the one on the DIDF - I
imagine they're the same.

If I still had my original disc, I'd check, but it also seems like the
earlier release includes some more extras that were excised from the
DIDF version.

-lugnut

American Graffiti Owl Jolson DVD Video 1 09-19-2004 12:30 PM
GO AMERICAN - Buy test vouchers from an American company ! Helper MCSE 13 08-13-2004 09:47 AM
More American Graffiti: Aspect Ratios Correct. Scot Gardner DVD Video 0 09-03-2003 04:09 AM
More American Graffiti: Properly Framed, Properly Scored? Scot Gardner DVD Video 0 09-02-2003 02:28 AM

Advertisments