Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Two movies vobs on one DVD how does that work ??

Two movies vobs on one DVD how does that work ??

Paul M

I just like to convert Xvids to DVD. But the movies sometimes come on
two files. Thus you convert them to DVD you have two lots of vobs and
files.

So if you copy them all to a DVD and asuming they fit woudl they play
in order? Or do i need to do something else like join the vobs ?

Thanks.

theyak

says...

> I just like to convert Xvids to DVD. But the movies sometimes come on
> two files. Thus you convert them to DVD you have two lots of vobs and
> files.
>
> So if you copy them all to a DVD and asuming they fit woudl they play
> in order? Or do i need to do something else like join the vobs ?
>
> Thanks.

Why not join the avi before you convert to dvd?

Paul M

That would be a good idea What software would i use to join an Xvid
or Divx Movie ?

Ill google but got any recommendations ?

Thanks.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:03:14 GMT, theyak <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>says...
>>

>> I just like to convert Xvids to DVD. But the movies sometimes come on
>> two files. Thus you convert them to DVD you have two lots of vobs and
>> files.
>>
>> So if you copy them all to a DVD and asuming they fit woudl they play
>> in order? Or do i need to do something else like join the vobs ?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>Why not join the avi before you convert to dvd?

theyak

says...

> That would be a good idea What software would i use to join an Xvid
> or Divx Movie ?
>

> Ill google but got any recommendations ?
>
> Thanks.

No, I've never done it. How I would do this, if I were to try:

I'd use tmpgenc plus to turn each avi into a mpeg2 suitable for dvd
creatior. Then when I had 2 files I would use said tmpg's merge and cut
feature to join them together, correcting any overlap, etc. Then I'd
open Dvdlab and author the dvd.

But that's all a bit silly (I just like the customization options of the
first way). Any dvd authoring program will be able to convert xvid and
divx provided you have the codecs installed. They'll also be able to
join the files and create the dvd structure all in one program.
Nerovision, Windvd Creator, Tmpgenc Dvd Author, and Dvdlab are all
programs I have that would do everthing.

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:03:14 GMT, theyak <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> >says...
> >>

> >> I just like to convert Xvids to DVD. But the movies sometimes come on
> >> two files. Thus you convert them to DVD you have two lots of vobs and
> >> files.
> >>
> >> So if you copy them all to a DVD and asuming they fit woudl they play
> >> in order? Or do i need to do something else like join the vobs ?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>

> >Why not join the avi before you convert to dvd?

Biz

Have a look here...

http://nickyguides.digital-digest.co...-split-avi.htm

There are many useful guides for teaching you how to work with avis at
www.doom9.org
www.videohelp.com

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..