Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: JMS (Babylon 5) wants to do Star Trek - he needs our help

Re: JMS (Babylon 5) wants to do Star Trek - he needs our help

dvdguy2@webtv.net

wrote: Well, I like shows as different as the original and the new
"Galactica."

When is "Galactica:1980" going to be released on?"

David B

> wrote: Well, I like shows as different as the original and the new
> "Galactica."
>
> When is "Galactica:1980" going to be released on?"

Hopefully never.

Owl Jolson

"David B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > wrote: Well, I like shows as different as the original and the new
> > "Galactica."
> >
> > When is "Galactica:1980" going to be released on?"

> Hopefully never.

IAWTP. Gal1980 was horrid. I hated those 6 Million $ Man fx.

Keeper of the Purple Twilight

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Owl Jolson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > When is "Galactica:1980" going to be released on?"

> > Hopefully never.
> >

> IAWTP. Gal1980 was horrid. I hated those 6 Million $ Man fx.

I liked that bit where they edited Cylon ships over stock footage from
"Earthquake". Made a convincing alien attack...

As for G1980 on DVD, I think they should get one or two of the original
actors and record a few new scenes - a 'framing' story, presenting the
whole of G1980 as a virtual reality simulation of what would have
happened had contact with Earth not gone well.

FWIW, this is exactly what Richard Hatch's continuation of the original
series would have done.

--
"No urban night is like the night [in NYC]...here is our poetry, for we have
pulled down the stars to our will."

Stephen Clark

"Keeper of the Purple Twilight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:190220052200253196%(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > Hopefully never.
>> >

>> IAWTP. Gal1980 was horrid. I hated those 6 Million $ Man fx.

> I liked that bit where they edited Cylon ships over stock footage from
> "Earthquake". Made a convincing alien attack...
>
> As for G1980 on DVD, I think they should get one or two of the original
> actors and record a few new scenes - a 'framing' story, presenting the
> whole of G1980 as a virtual reality simulation of what would have
> happened had contact with Earth not gone well.
>
> FWIW, this is exactly what Richard Hatch's continuation of the original
> series would have done.

Kind of like waking up and finding it was all a dream?

Keeper of the Purple Twilight

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Stephen Clark
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Keeper of the Purple Twilight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > As for G1980 on DVD, I think they should get one or two of the original
> > actors and record a few new scenes - a 'framing' story, presenting the
> > whole of G1980 as a virtual reality simulation of what would have
> > happened had contact with Earth not gone well.
> >
> > FWIW, this is exactly what Richard Hatch's continuation of the original
> > series would have done.

> Kind of like waking up and finding it was all a dream?

Better than that, IMHO.

--
"No urban night is like the night [in NYC]...here is our poetry, for we have
pulled down the stars to our will."
- Ezra Pound, poet and critic, 9/18/1912, reflecting on New York City

dvdguy2@webtv.net

wrote: When is "Galactica:1980" going to be released on?"
Hopefully never.

If you don't like it , then don't buy it.

Nobody's forcing you to buy it.

But don't force people who actually want it from getting it.

If it's ever released, and you don't like it, then don't buy it.

But quit trying to force people who want it from being able to get it,
by wanting it never released at all.