Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Sony DVD Recorder for people in the UK

Sony DVD Recorder for people in the UK

osiris.luxor@btopenworld.com

Hi
I have a SonyRDR-GX300 ,got it part of a tV package ,I am using it
with a Philips TV in my Bedroom

My question is how the hell do you make it see my Pace freeview box
I shall expand,

Current set up
Phillips TV with two scart sockets
Sony DVD Recorder
Pace Freevew box

I have 1 scart lead from DVD ( Line 1) to TV on AV Chanel 1
I have the freeview box installed on Line 3 of the DVD recorder
the aerial lead is plugged into the recorder a line comes out of the
recorder to a three way splitter one line goes to the freeview box and
the other continues to the TV

I can find all terestial chanels on the DVD recorder but I can't find
the freeview chanels

Have read the book have tried everything I know

Anybody else with a simular set up give me some simple step by step
instructions

TIA

Osiris

freddy@hotmil.com

if you mean why cannt your dvd recorder tune into the freeview
channels then you are out of luck as it doesnt have a DB tuner only
the old analogue type

if you want to record whats coming from the freeview device ( analogue
output) you need to select which input you want to record from - use
the wand; slide back the slider to reveal the record buttons. press
the INPUT SELECT button until you get to the one thats connected to
the freeview box. I have a similar setup to you with a Goodmans
freeview box but I use input 4 and have a VCR on 3

By the way if you want to watch freeview then the dvd recorder must
be on