Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Some Long Overdue Praise

Some Long Overdue Praise

Black Locust

It wasn't that long ago that this group was flooded with posts
bitching(you guys know who you are) about Universals forced trailers and
Warners snapper cases. Now that Universal has gotten rid of forced
trailers and Warner has completely dropped the awful snapper cases, no
one has said a lick about it. Can we swallow our bitter attitudes people
and give these studios the kudos they deserve?

Good work Warner and Universal. *claps*

Mike Kohary

Black Locust wrote:
> It wasn't that long ago that this group was flooded with posts
> bitching(you guys know who you are) about Universals forced trailers
> and Warners snapper cases. Now that Universal has gotten rid of forced
> trailers and Warner has completely dropped the awful snapper cases, no
> one has said a lick about it. Can we swallow our bitter attitudes
> people and give these studios the kudos they deserve?

Pffff...next you'll be expecting the media to begin reporting GOOD news, and
customer care phone lines to be flooded with complimentary calls.

Since I wasn't one of these people, I won't worry about it, but I'll be
interested to see what kind of response this gets.

ShadowRaptor

"Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:curv8l$jb5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Black Locust wrote:
> > It wasn't that long ago that this group was flooded with posts
> > bitching(you guys know who you are) about Universals forced trailers
> > and Warners snapper cases. Now that Universal has gotten rid of forced
> > trailers and Warner has completely dropped the awful snapper cases, no
> > one has said a lick about it. Can we swallow our bitter attitudes
> > people and give these studios the kudos they deserve?

> Pffff...next you'll be expecting the media to begin reporting GOOD news,

and
> customer care phone lines to be flooded with complimentary calls.
>
> Since I wasn't one of these people, I won't worry about it, but I'll be
> interested to see what kind of response this gets.
>
> --

We should thank them for doing something they should have been doing all
along? We should thank them for not being idiots anymore?

Not likely ...

Stan Brown

"Black Locust" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
> Now that Universal has gotten rid of forced
>trailers

I was completely unaware of this. When and where was it announced?

And what is the procedure for returning the defective discs and
getting discs without forced trailers?

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:39:06 -0600, "ShadowRaptor"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Mike Kohary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:curv8l$jb5$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Black Locust wrote:
>> > It wasn't that long ago that this group was flooded with posts
>> > bitching(you guys know who you are) about Universals forced trailers
>> > and Warners snapper cases. Now that Universal has gotten rid of forced
>> > trailers and Warner has completely dropped the awful snapper cases, no
>> > one has said a lick about it. Can we swallow our bitter attitudes
>> > people and give these studios the kudos they deserve?

>> Pffff...next you'll be expecting the media to begin reporting GOOD news,

>and
>> customer care phone lines to be flooded with complimentary calls.
>>
>> Since I wasn't one of these people, I won't worry about it, but I'll be
>> interested to see what kind of response this gets.
>>
>> --

>We should thank them for doing something they should have been doing all
>along? We should thank them for not being idiots anymore?
>
>Not likely ...

We should overlook Warner's extended flirtation with snapper cases and
congratulate them on the consistently high quality of their releases
including classics, all with extensive supplements.

... Steve ..

Matthew L. Martin

Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:

> We should overlook Warner's extended flirtation with snapper cases and
> congratulate them on the consistently high quality of their releases
> including classics, all with extensive supplements.

Certainly not! The packaging is far, far more important than the content.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game

Black Locust

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Stan Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I was completely unaware of this. When and where was it announced?

There was no official announcement made about it. However, at some
point, Universal removed the blocking feature and started placing a
notice before the trailers started that you could bypass them by hitting
the menu button on your remote. Haven't you noticed there haven't been
any complaints about forced trailers on Universal discs in many months?

> And what is the procedure for returning the defective discs and
> getting discs without forced trailers?

Don't be silly. They aren't defective and you know it.

Stephen Cooke

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Stan Brown wrote:

> "Black Locust" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
> > Now that Universal has gotten rid of forced
> >trailers

> I was completely unaware of this. When and where was it announced?
>
> And what is the procedure for returning the defective discs and
> getting discs without forced trailers?

I'd rather deal with forced trailers than crappy transfers of films like
Charley Varrick and Forbin: The Colossus Project

swac

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:30:29 -0500, "Matthew L. Martin"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:
>

>> We should overlook Warner's extended flirtation with snapper cases and
>> congratulate them on the consistently high quality of their releases
>> including classics, all with extensive supplements.
>>

>Certainly not! The packaging is far, far more important than the content.
>
>Matthew

heheh, fer sher. <g> I know you're kidding but others seem to forget
that LPs and laserdiscs all used paper sleeves, the paper snapper was
no worse..

... Steve ..

Matthew L. Martin

Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:30:29 -0500, "Matthew L. Martin"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Certainly not! The packaging is far, far more important than the content.
>>
>>Matthew

> heheh, fer sher. <g> I know you're kidding but others seem to forget
> that LPs and laserdiscs all used paper sleeves, the paper snapper was
> no worse..

Low cost (under $4) DVDs at Walmart are also in paper sleeves.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game