Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Netflix Slow To Ship First DVDs

Reply
Thread Tools

Netflix Slow To Ship First DVDs

 
 
RG
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-10-2005
I reactived by account (after 3 years) yesterday. Nothing shipped yesterday
and the Queue now shows they expect to ship tomorrrow. 48 hours to make the
initial shipments? This seems a bit excessive and is same reason I cancelled
3 years ago.

Is this typical now?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
kaydigi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-10-2005

"RG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I reactived by account (after 3 years) yesterday. Nothing shipped yesterday
> and the Queue now shows they expect to ship tomorrrow. 48 hours to make
> the
> initial shipments? This seems a bit excessive and is same reason I
> cancelled
> 3 years ago.
>
> Is this typical now?
>
>


Are they current movies?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
RG
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-10-2005

"kaydigi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sHPOd.18274$uc.11331@trnddc08...
>
> "RG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I reactived by account (after 3 years) yesterday. Nothing shipped

yesterday
> > and the Queue now shows they expect to ship tomorrrow. 48 hours to make
> > the
> > initial shipments? This seems a bit excessive and is same reason I
> > cancelled
> > 3 years ago.
> >
> > Is this typical now?
> >
> >

>
> Are they current movies?
>
>


2 are current, 3 are not


 
Reply With Quote
 
Halb
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-10-2005
I have just completed my 2 week free trial. During that time I received &
returned 6 dvd's (old TV mini-series). The only 'weird' part is that they
did not send them in 'order', based on my queue; ie; they sent Part 2 before
Part 1.
While I hope they will maintain that pace, every thing I read would tend to
make me doubt it.

One can hope!

HalB

"RG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "kaydigi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:sHPOd.18274$uc.11331@trnddc08...
>>
>> "RG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I reactived by account (after 3 years) yesterday. Nothing shipped

> yesterday
>> > and the Queue now shows they expect to ship tomorrrow. 48 hours to make
>> > the
>> > initial shipments? This seems a bit excessive and is same reason I
>> > cancelled
>> > 3 years ago.
>> >
>> > Is this typical now?
>> >
>> >

>>
>> Are they current movies?
>>
>>

>
> 2 are current, 3 are not
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Joe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-11-2005
I am starting to wonder this myself. When I first signed up 3 months ago
everything was quick even new releases. In my first month I never waited on
anything but now 5 out of 11 movies in my Que are on some sort of wait and
one movie has been on wait for 5 weeks and I had it in my que a month before
it was released.

I am wondering if they give preferential shipping to new customers to get
them hooked.

Joe

"RG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I reactived by account (after 3 years) yesterday. Nothing shipped yesterday
> and the Queue now shows they expect to ship tomorrrow. 48 hours to make
> the
> initial shipments? This seems a bit excessive and is same reason I
> cancelled
> 3 years ago.
>
> Is this typical now?
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
kaydigi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-11-2005

"Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e_UOd.5379$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am starting to wonder this myself. When I first signed up 3 months ago
>everything was quick even new releases. In my first month I never waited on
>anything but now 5 out of 11 movies in my Que are on some sort of wait and
>one movie has been on wait for 5 weeks and I had it in my que a month
>before it was released.
>
> I am wondering if they give preferential shipping to new customers to get
> them hooked.
>
> Joe



For the most part yes. If you want new releases you have to make sure your
return gets to them on MONDAY not Tuesday. So if you have a 1 day turn
around time send it back on Friday.


 
Reply With Quote
 
lorincantrell@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-11-2005
That only works sometimes. I had an open slot in my account on a
Friday, and let it carry over the weekend in hopes of getting the new
release on Tuesday (can't remember what it was). Tuesday rolled
around, and no shipment. Went immediately to "long wait." I would
kill to know how they allocate discs. I really would. Several people
I can think of right this second.

 
Reply With Quote
 
rg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-11-2005

"kaydigi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:71WOd.19477$uc.8498@trnddc04...
>
> "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e_UOd.5379$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am starting to wonder this myself. When I first signed up 3 months ago
> >everything was quick even new releases. In my first month I never waited

on
> >anything but now 5 out of 11 movies in my Que are on some sort of wait

and
> >one movie has been on wait for 5 weeks and I had it in my que a month
> >before it was released.
> >
> > I am wondering if they give preferential shipping to new customers to

get
> > them hooked.
> >
> > Joe

>
>
> For the most part yes. If you want new releases you have to make sure

your
> return gets to them on MONDAY not Tuesday. So if you have a 1 day turn
> around time send it back on Friday.
>
>


No new customer preferential treatment for me. For me, a big part of the
lure of Netflix is the availability of DVDs that you just don't find at the
neighborhood Blockbuster. I just recently cancelled a BB Movie Pass because
the new releases were always gone and the other stuff just wasn't
interesting. I could have lived with a wait for the new releases if there
was anything else. It got worse when BB dropped late fees.

One thing I will acknowledge in regard to Netflix is that it is easy to get
a customer service person response either by phone or email. An email to BB
about the Movie Pass got a response (that made no sense) in 14 days. An
email to Netflix got a response in about 45 minutes, however the bottom line
was that neither emails or phone calls got the DVDs shipped. We will see if
they ship today, if I don't get the DVDs by Saturday I will cancel the
account after I use the month I have already paid for.


 
Reply With Quote
 
kaydigi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-11-2005

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> That only works sometimes. I had an open slot in my account on a
> Friday, and let it carry over the weekend in hopes of getting the new
> release on Tuesday (can't remember what it was). Tuesday rolled
> around, and no shipment. Went immediately to "long wait." I would
> kill to know how they allocate discs. I really would. Several people
> I can think of right this second.
>


Wow, never had that happen. I've been using Netflix since they first started
and never missed a new release.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Zeppo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-11-2005
Either that or they are overwhelmed with more new business than they can
handle right now. I've noticed that my first choices all have 'short wait'
or 'long wait' on them (all current choices) yet when its time to ship they
still send me the movie.

Can't quite figure it out but the service is still good and the turaround
quick so I'm not going to worry about it (yet).

Jon


"Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e_UOd.5379$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am starting to wonder this myself. When I first signed up 3 months ago
> everything was quick even new releases. In my first month I never waited

on
> anything but now 5 out of 11 movies in my Que are on some sort of wait and
> one movie has been on wait for 5 weeks and I had it in my que a month

before
> it was released.
>
> I am wondering if they give preferential shipping to new customers to get
> them hooked.
>
> Joe
>
> "RG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I reactived by account (after 3 years) yesterday. Nothing shipped

yesterday
> > and the Queue now shows they expect to ship tomorrrow. 48 hours to make
> > the
> > initial shipments? This seems a bit excessive and is same reason I
> > cancelled
> > 3 years ago.
> >
> > Is this typical now?
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MS SQL geek wants to jump ship, plz help on first Perl script clone.of.snake@gmail.com Perl Misc 14 05-08-2006 06:41 PM
SWIG/IDLE/Python: F5 SHIP.py works but "import SHIP" gives "ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initSHIP)" Bill Davy Python 0 05-12-2005 08:48 AM
Netflix is slow to ship! Here's circumstancial evidence... littlejoeflub@yahoo.com DVD Video 10 12-23-2004 10:45 PM



Advertisments