Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > MIAMI VICE S1 - booklet?

MIAMI VICE S1 - booklet?

Ed Kim

i got the Miami Vice S1 dvd at BestBuy ($32.99 is a good deal) and
opened it up and there's only an insert advert for othe runiversal tv
dvds. is there supposed to be a booklet? in the digipack, there's a
pocket for one and it seems like there should be an episode guide or
soemthing. of course, beign UNIVERSAL, i wouldn't be surprised if
there wasn't supposed to be one...

thx
-goro-

Scott Lurndal

"Ed Kim" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>i got the Miami Vice S1 dvd at BestBuy ($32.99 is a good deal) and
>opened it up and there's only an insert advert for othe runiversal tv
>dvds. is there supposed to be a booklet? in the digipack, there's a
>pocket for one and it seems like there should be an episode guide or
>soemthing. of course, beign UNIVERSAL, i wouldn't be surprised if
>there wasn't supposed to be one...

No episode guide in mine (Fry's 32.99).

I've only watched "Smuggler's Blues" so far, and have
already found a lip-sync problem (when the mechanic is
in the control tower).

The color is kindof washed out. Audio is ok, but not spectacular.

scott

Raśl Bloodworth

"Ed Kim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> i got the Miami Vice S1 dvd at BestBuy ($32.99 is a good deal) and
> opened it up and there's only an insert advert for othe runiversal tv
> dvds. is there supposed to be a booklet? in the digipack, there's a
> pocket for one and it seems like there should be an episode guide or
> soemthing. of course, beign UNIVERSAL, i wouldn't be surprised if
> there wasn't supposed to be one...
>
> thx
> -goro-

Mine (Wal-Mart matching Best Buy's price) had the same as yours.

Raśl Bloodworth

"Scott Lurndal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:T8POd.2886$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> "Ed Kim" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> >i got the Miami Vice S1 dvd at BestBuy ($32.99 is a good deal) and
> >opened it up and there's only an insert advert for othe runiversal tv
> >dvds. is there supposed to be a booklet? in the digipack, there's a
> >pocket for one and it seems like there should be an episode guide or
> >soemthing. of course, beign UNIVERSAL, i wouldn't be surprised if
> >there wasn't supposed to be one...
> >

> No episode guide in mine (Fry's 32.99).
>
> I've only watched "Smuggler's Blues" so far, and have
> already found a lip-sync problem (when the mechanic is
> in the control tower).
>
> The color is kindof washed out. Audio is ok, but not spectacular.
>
> scott

I'll live with it, pal. Last two nights watched "Glades", "Milk Run",
"Evan", "Nobody Lives Forever." More to come.

Ed Kim

Scott Lurndal wrote:
> "Ed Kim" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> >i got the Miami Vice S1 dvd at BestBuy ($32.99 is a good deal) and
> >opened it up and there's only an insert advert for othe runiversal

tv
> >dvds. is there supposed to be a booklet? in the digipack, there's

> >pocket for one and it seems like there should be an episode guide or
> >soemthing. of course, beign UNIVERSAL, i wouldn't be surprised if
> >there wasn't supposed to be one...
> >

> No episode guide in mine (Fry's 32.99).
>
> I've only watched "Smuggler's Blues" so far, and have
> already found a lip-sync problem (when the mechanic is
> in the control tower).
>
> The color is kindof washed out. Audio is ok, but not spectacular.
>
> scott

i agree that the colors are a bit washed out and the image quality
varies greatly from scene to scene; most of the time pretty good but
sometimes just seriously grainy as hell. bits of scratches and pops on
the film. yes, i wish that Universal had spent more money cleaning it
up, but also, i think it still looks pretty good overall and it's fun
as hell to watch. if the next sets are the same price, i'll get them
as they come out.

ps, Gina is hawt as hell!!
can't wait till SHeena Easton's on!

-goro-

Scott Lurndal

"Raśl Bloodworth" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>"Scott Lurndal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:T8POd.2886$(E-Mail Removed) et...
>> "Ed Kim" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> >i got the Miami Vice S1 dvd at BestBuy ($32.99 is a good deal) and
>> >opened it up and there's only an insert advert for othe runiversal tv
>> >dvds. is there supposed to be a booklet? in the digipack, there's a
>> >pocket for one and it seems like there should be an episode guide or
>> >soemthing. of course, beign UNIVERSAL, i wouldn't be surprised if
>> >there wasn't supposed to be one...
>> >

>> No episode guide in mine (Fry's 32.99).
>>
>> I've only watched "Smuggler's Blues" so far, and have
>> already found a lip-sync problem (when the mechanic is
>> in the control tower).
>>
>> The color is kindof washed out. Audio is ok, but not spectacular.
>>
>> scott

>I'll live with it, pal. Last two nights watched "Glades", "Milk Run",
>"Evan", "Nobody Lives Forever." More to come.

Please don't misunderstand me, I still enjoy the set and will definitely
buy season two - can't wait for "Definitely Miami", "Phil the Shill" and
"Where the busses don't run".

scott

Raśl Bloodworth

"Scott Lurndal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gX7Pd.3985$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> "Raśl Bloodworth" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> >
> >"Scott Lurndal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:T8POd.2886$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> >> >

> >> No episode guide in mine (Fry's 32.99).
> >>
> >> I've only watched "Smuggler's Blues" so far, and have
> >> already found a lip-sync problem (when the mechanic is
> >> in the control tower).
> >>
> >> The color is kindof washed out. Audio is ok, but not spectacular.
> >>
> >> scott

> >I'll live with it, pal. Last two nights watched "Glades", "Milk Run",
> >"Evan", "Nobody Lives Forever." More to come.
> >

> Please don't misunderstand me, I still enjoy the set and will definitely
> buy season two - can't wait for "Definitely Miami", "Phil the Shill" and
> "Where the busses don't run".

No, I agree with your critique. It's all we're gonna get though.

New releases: Snakes On A Plane, Miami Vice (2006) & Tourgasam : Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 0 10-10-2006 05:01 AM
miami vice the movie Steps49 DVD Video 0 05-24-2006 12:02 AM
Miami Vice set PNeski DVD Video 7 02-04-2005 02:34 AM
New Releases: Sky Captain, Half Baked & Miami Vice: Updated complete downloadable DVD R1 DVD DB & info lists Doug MacLean DVD Video 11 11-16-2004 04:35 PM
Miami Vice: 3 discs = 21 episodes? Lord Vader III DVD Video 13 11-13-2004 02:09 PM

Advertisments