Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Star Wars 3, Go or No ?

Star Wars 3, Go or No ?

SnowMan

Hi all,

I just read a preview article with some screenshots of star wars 3,
"revenge of the sith" which mentioned this movie would be the best of
all star wars movies yet. They seem to market this one as a dark and
edgy scifi movie.

To be honest, i kind of gave up on the whole star wars prequel/sequel
concept after seeing sw1 and sw2. Which imho should not have made it
to the cinemas, but been sent straight to the video rental stores.

My question: should we ignore this one and not be disappointed for the
3rd time, or should we see this one because GL saved the best for
last?

Any ideas/oppinions on this?

-SnowMan-

Joshua Zyber

"SnowMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any ideas/oppinions on this?

Why the hell would you think the DVD newsgroup would be the best place
to ask?

Scott Streeter

"Joshua Zyber" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> "SnowMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Any ideas/oppinions on this?

> Why the hell would you think the DVD newsgroup would be the best place
> to ask?

Becaues we're all into movies?

--
Scott Streeter
http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

Dick Sidbury

Joshua Zyber wrote:
> "SnowMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Any ideas/oppinions on this?

> Why the hell would you think the DVD newsgroup would be the best place
> to ask?

SW1, SW2, and the real SW trilogy are out on DVD so presumably lots of
people here have seen them recently in perhaps a really good
environment. That of course doesn't make it the best place to ask but
it does, IMHO, make it a reasonable place to ask, even if slightly off
topic.

But to answer the original question, I have given up believing anything
that Lucas or his publicity machine says. Will I go see it? Of course.
What do I expect from it? Better than it's two predecessors but not as
good as any of the original trilogy. Will I buy it when it comes out on
DVD? Well I bought Matrix Revolutions (to complete my set) but didn't
buy Star Trek V. So that answer is probably unless it's only available
in a set with the other movies.

YMMV
IMHO
dick

Justin

SnowMan wrote on [Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:56:47 +0100]:
> Hi all,
>
> I just read a preview article with some screenshots of star wars 3,
> "revenge of the sith" which mentioned this movie would be the best of
> all star wars movies yet. They seem to market this one as a dark and
> edgy scifi movie.

No. Don't see it.

Aaron J. Bossig

SnowMan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> My question: should we ignore this one and not be disappointed for the
> 3rd time, or should we see this one because GL saved the best for
> last?
>
> Any ideas/oppinions on this?

You can't judge a movie-- any movie-- until you've seen it.
Though "From Justing to Kelly" would tempt all of us. To
know if it sucks, you have to see it. The question is, do you
spend $8 now and know early, or wait six months and spend $3 to
rent it? What is your time and money worth?

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.dvdverdict.com

Mike Kohary

SnowMan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just read a preview article with some screenshots of star wars 3,
> "revenge of the sith" which mentioned this movie would be the best of
> all star wars movies yet. They seem to market this one as a dark and
> edgy scifi movie.
>
> To be honest, i kind of gave up on the whole star wars prequel/sequel
> concept after seeing sw1 and sw2. Which imho should not have made it
> to the cinemas, but been sent straight to the video rental stores.
>
> My question: should we ignore this one and not be disappointed for the
> 3rd time, or should we see this one because GL saved the best for
> last?
>
> Any ideas/oppinions on this?

I'm going to go see it, because I'm an unabashed Star Wars geek, but my
expectations will be in line with what we've seen recently from the
franchise.

Mark Jones

"Joshua Zyber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%kIOd.11484$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> "SnowMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Any ideas/oppinions on this?

> Why the hell would you think the DVD newsgroup would be the best place
> to ask?

Because it would be as good as any of the movie groups.

Jay G.

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:05:50 GMT, Mark Jones wrote:
> "Joshua Zyber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>> Why the hell would you think the DVD newsgroup would be the best place
>> to ask?

> Because it would be as good as any of the movie groups.

Actually, it'd be far better to ask a movie-related question in a movie
newsgroup, since there it'd be on-topic.

-Jay

Alpha

"Jay G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:05:50 GMT, Mark Jones wrote:
>> "Joshua Zyber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>>> Why the hell would you think the DVD newsgroup would be the best place
>>> to ask?

>> Because it would be as good as any of the movie groups.

> Actually, it'd be far better to ask a movie-related question in a movie
> newsgroup, since there it'd be on-topic.
>
> -Jay

To differentiate the media from the content is dumb. Why wouldn't the
average person think this forum is to discuss movies?