Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD problem

DVD problem

Dr. Dré

Hey,
I've a DVD which has an unreadable area. PowerDVD stops playing at this
part.
I can't copy the DVD to my HD because some parts can't be read.
When playing on my standalone DVD-player (on my TV) the DVD stops, but
when I jump to the next chapter, the movie plays without any problems. I
only miss a little part of the movie.
Is there any solution for this problem ??

greetings
Dr. Dré

theyak

In article <4208fee0$0$551$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Dr. Dré"
<dre"dot"(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Hey,
> I've a DVD which has an unreadable area. PowerDVD stops playing at this
> part.
> I can't copy the DVD to my HD because some parts can't be read.
> When playing on my standalone DVD-player (on my TV) the DVD stops, but
> when I jump to the next chapter, the movie plays without any problems. I
> only miss a little part of the movie.
> Is there any solution for this problem ??
>
> greetings
> Dr. Dré

Get another copy?

Dragon

"Dr. Dré" <dre"dot"(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4208fee0$0$551$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey,
> I've a DVD which has an unreadable area. PowerDVD stops playing at this
> part.
> I can't copy the DVD to my HD because some parts can't be read.
> When playing on my standalone DVD-player (on my TV) the DVD stops, but
> when I jump to the next chapter, the movie plays without any problems. I
> only miss a little part of the movie.
> Is there any solution for this problem ??
>
> greetings
> Dr. Dré

once a scratch or glitch gets on a dvd there is nothing you can do, try
cleaning it but very unlikey

i have had loads like that and i just gave up trying to copy or play them

dave

Chris

You might use ISOBuster to try to extract all of the files from the DVD and
then Nero or something to burn a new copy.