Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Windows Media Player need to copy a still image "HOW"

Windows Media Player need to copy a still image "HOW"

Terry C

Hi

Got my Windows media Player working at last
with my own DVD-R recorded on my Sony recorder
but cannot seem to be able to take a copy of a still image
right click but no copy function any ideas please

Terry

Paul LEFEBVRE

"Terry C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Got my Windows media Player working at last
>with my own DVD-R recorded on my Sony recorder
>but cannot seem to be able to take a copy of a still image
>right click but no copy function any ideas please
>
>Terry

There's probably an easier way, but what I do is press PrintsScreen
(key on your keyboard0 to put the whole screen into memory, then open
a paint program, open the file I just saved, and cut out the image I
want and save it to a separate file.

PL

Paul LEFEBVRE
londonpaul@*removethis*sympatico.ca
Visit my website!
http://www.geocities.com/joeyp99

Tom Cantwell

"Terry C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:cua3tl$882$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi
>
> Got my Windows media Player working at last
> with my own DVD-R recorded on my Sony recorder
> but cannot seem to be able to take a copy of a still image
> right click but no copy function any ideas please
>
> Terry

"Print Screen" key on keyboard will put the screen
image into the clipboard (Windoze).

Dyuob Poltice

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:22:43 -0000, "Terry C"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Got my Windows media Player working at last
>with my own DVD-R recorded on my Sony recorder
>but cannot seem to be able to take a copy of a still image
>right click but no copy function any ideas please
>
>Terry

Rt click the screen>dvd features>capture image

This assumes you are playing a dvd.

Terry C

Hi

The print screen idea does not work well as all the image is not there
only part of the image...................

tried rt click DVD features but no capture image ?

Terry

"Dyuob Poltice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:22:43 -0000, "Terry C"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>Got my Windows media Player working at last
>>with my own DVD-R recorded on my Sony recorder
>>but cannot seem to be able to take a copy of a still image
>>right click but no copy function any ideas please
>>
>>Terry
>>

> Rt click the screen>dvd features>capture image
>
> This assumes you are playing a dvd.

Dyuob Poltice

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:59:28 -0000, "Terry C"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>The print screen idea does not work well as all the image is not there
>only part of the image...................
>
>tried rt click DVD features but no capture image ?
>
>Terry
>

>"Dyuob Poltice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:22:43 -0000, "Terry C"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>Got my Windows media Player working at last
>>>with my own DVD-R recorded on my Sony recorder
>>>but cannot seem to be able to take a copy of a still image
>>>right click but no copy function any ideas please
>>>
>>>Terry
>>>

>> Rt click the screen>dvd features>capture image
>>
>> This assumes you are playing a dvd.

I'm using version 10, btw.
From the Windows Media Player help files:

To capture a DVD image
On the View menu, point to DVD Features, and then click Capture Image.
Notes

This feature is only available if video mixing rendering is turned on
in the Player and the DVD decoder and display hardware support video
mixing rendering. To turn on video mixing rendering, on the Tools
menu, click Options, and then click the Performance tab. Click
Advanced, and then, in the DVD Video area, select the Use video mixing
renderer check box. Some display hardware only supports video mixing
rendering if the screen resolution is set to 800 x 600 pixels and the
color quality is set to 16-bit. For more information about changing
screen resolution and color quality, see Windows Help.

Me &

Download a free demo copy of "Paint Shop Pro".
Use the "capture image" feature. You can capture nearly anything on
your screen. Even your desktop itself. Just for grins, copy your
desktop and ave the image as a wallpaper. Use this image as your
deskop wallpaper and you will soon go bonkers !!!

After you capture the image, ise PSP to crop and edit the image.

Good Luck