Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Releases: Steve McQueen, Darkness & Final Conflict: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

New Releases: Steve McQueen, Darkness & Final Conflict: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Doug MacLean

Due out fromA.D. Vision:
February 1st:
BeastMaster: Season 1, Vol. 2

February 15th:
Medabots #01: Transport Metabee! (Essential Anime)
MegaMan #1: A Hero Is Born (Essential Anime)

March 1st:
BeastMaster: Season 1, Vol. 3
BeastMaster: Season 1, Vol. 4
Cheaters
Getter Robo: Resurrection
Yokai Monsters: Complete Collection

March 8th:
Eden's Bowy
Neo Ranga #1: A God Is Risen (Essential Anime)

March 15th:
Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict: Season 1, Vol. 1
Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict: Season 1, Vol. 2
MegaMan #2: Battle For The Future (Essential Anime)
Steam Detectives: Case 1 (Essential Anime)

March 22nd:
Burn Up Excess: Crimes & Missed Demeanors
Zone Of The Enders: Countdown To Destiny

March 29th:
Dragon Blue
Generator Gawl: Future Memory
Medabots #03: Time To Robobattle! (Essential Anime)
Reboot: The Viral Wars
Shingu Secret Of The Stellar Wars #1
Shingu Secret Of The Stellar Wars #1 (w/ Art Box)
Street Fighter #2: Soul Powers (Essential Anime)
Those Who Hunt Elves
Weird-Ohs #2
Wild Arms: The Good, The Bad & The Greedy

Some titles, mostly horror, from Artisan are coming in April.
April 5th:
Dead Doll

April 19th:
Stephen King's Riding The Bullet

April 26th:
Black Gate
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 2

Buena Vista will have two versions of Darkness set for release on April
26th. Both will have Dolby 5.1 audio. There will be a P&S R rated version as
well as an Unrated widescreen. Both will list for $29.99.

Buena Vista also has some family faire due out soon.
May 3rd:
Heidi (1993)
In Search Of The Castaways
Summer Magic
That Darn Cat!

May 10th:
Kim Possible Movie: So The Drama

May 31st:
Get A Clue (2002)
Parent Trap (1998 / Special Edition)
All are set to list for $19.98.

Due for release from Columbia/Tri-Star on April 5th:
Berenstain Bears: Bears Take A Car Trip
Bonanza Town
Desperadoes
Dragon's World: A Fantasy Made Real
Lust For Gold
Professionals (Special Edition)
Suburban Madness
Texas (1941)
Texican
Violent Men

MGM/UA has ready for release:
Dance With Me, Henry
Hour Of The Gun
Hunting Party
I'll Take Sweden
Invitation To A Gunfighter
More Dead Than Alive
Princess And The Pirate
Sam Whiskey
Scalphunters
Steve McQueen Collection: Great Escape / Junior Bonner / Magnificent Seven /
Thomas Crown Affair
The release date is May 17th.

in several formats as well as daily changes. Currently the main database
contains 58,171 titles. Changes and additions this week number 205 there are
2,190 due to be released titles. Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled,
postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and
Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates are included in the
fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles that were rescheduled
or reissued. Search function for the database, (including UPC search)
complements of site partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.

Current previews include Greatest Amercain Hero, Deadwood, Saw, and the 5
Browns. Recent reviews include Ray, Vanity Fair, Charmed: Season One, Sky
Captain, Catwoman, Friday Night Lights, When will I be Loved , Farscape: The
Peacekeer Wars, Ice Station Zebra, Mean Creek, First Daughter and Backbeat.
Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications usually made
twice daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.

Doug MacLean
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

MauiJNP

due out today....
charmed season 1 dvd- bought it!
wonderfalls complete series- yeah, bought it too

"Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zxELd.58652$(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
> 205 there are 2,190 due to be released titles. Updated lists for
> discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles as well as lists
> for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and original release dates
> are included in the fields. There is also a comprehensive list of titles
> that were rescheduled or reissued. Search function for the database,
> (including UPC search) complements of site partner and friend, Michael's
> Movie Mayhem http://www.dvdlist.kazart.com.
>
> Current previews include Greatest Amercain Hero, Deadwood, Saw, and the 5
> Browns. Recent reviews include Ray, Vanity Fair, Charmed: Season One, Sky
> Captain, Catwoman, Friday Night Lights, When will I be Loved , Farscape:
> The Peacekeer Wars, Ice Station Zebra, Mean Creek, First Daughter and
> Backbeat. Updates to the DVD database, including release specifications

Dennis M

>Steve McQueen Collection: Great Escape / Junior Bonner / Magnificent
>Seven / Thomas Crown Affair
>The release date is May 17th.

Wonder what's holding up Warners with The Cincinnati Kid? They could even
get a nice little boost from the Ray Charles theme song with the current
popularity of the Ray movie.

jayembee

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Dennis M) wrote:

>> Steve McQueen Collection: Great Escape / Junior Bonner / Magnificent
>> Seven / Thomas Crown Affair
>> The release date is May 17th.

> Wonder what's holding up Warners with The Cincinnati Kid? They could even
> get a nice little boost from the Ray Charles theme song with the current
> popularity of the Ray movie.

Warner doesn't own it. MGM distributed the film, but it was produced
by Filmways. The Filmways catalog eventually ended up with Orion, and
the Orion catalog ended up with MGM Home Entertainment, which is now
owned by Sony.

-- jayembee

Dennis M

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, jayembee
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) (Dennis M) wrote:
>
>>> Steve McQueen Collection: Great Escape / Junior Bonner / Magnificent
>>> Seven / Thomas Crown Affair
>>> The release date is May 17th.

>> Wonder what's holding up Warners with The Cincinnati Kid? They could even
>> get a nice little boost from the Ray Charles theme song with the current
>> popularity of the Ray movie.

>Warner doesn't own it. MGM distributed the film, but it was produced
>by Filmways. The Filmways catalog eventually ended up with Orion, and
>the Orion catalog ended up with MGM Home Entertainment, which is now
>owned by Sony.

I was going by the description given for the VHS edition on Amazon.com's
site. According to them Warner Home Video released it on June 24, 1992, so
I assumed they still had the rights for a DVD.

But as I look closer at the tiny image provided of the cover that does look
like an MGM/UA logo, so Amazon could have screwed up (not that I can fault
them with the history of ownership of MGM's library).

At any rate, Sony should get off their ass then because TCK is probably my
favorite McQueen movie.