Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Record delivery

Record delivery

Tarkus

I ordered some ink cartridges and some printable blank DVDs from
Meritline on Thursday, and received them on Friday via UPS Ground.

Granted, I'm only one state away (Las Vegas), but I would have thought
that was impossible. I was shocked. And it did have a Ground label on
it, so it's not like they accidentally overnighted it.

Anyone here ever receive a Ground shipment that fast?
--
"Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems."

Now playing: the radio.

Jon Purkey

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:34:18 -0800, Tarkus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I ordered some ink cartridges and some printable blank DVDs from
>Meritline on Thursday, and received them on Friday via UPS Ground.
>
>Granted, I'm only one state away (Las Vegas), but I would have thought
>that was impossible. I was shocked. And it did have a Ground label on
>it, so it's not like they accidentally overnighted it.
>
>Anyone here ever receive a Ground shipment that fast?

I sometimes get stuff in a day and frequently get stuff in 2 days with
ground shipping. I think it is because I live just a few miles south
of Dulles airport where UPS shipping often passes through. According
to the tracking the packages arrive there and then get put on the
truck for delivery, without having to be sent elsewhere for further
processing. It's why I never bother paying extra for 2nd day shipping.

And I generally get my orders from Staples.com the following day, but
I'm not certain how they ship. It's only $7.95 per order though so you
can't beat that. With my last order they called me the day after I
ordered and said there would be a delay (one day) and asked if I
wanted to cancel the order. I couldn't believe it. I've had other
places take nearly a month to ship and I never hear a word from them.

-
-Jon Purkey - <(E-Mail Removed))

Rich Clark

"Tarkus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)9.com...
>I ordered some ink cartridges and some printable blank DVDs from
> Meritline on Thursday, and received them on Friday via UPS Ground.
>
> Granted, I'm only one state away (Las Vegas), but I would have thought
> that was impossible. I was shocked. And it did have a Ground label on
> it, so it's not like they accidentally overnighted it.
>
> Anyone here ever receive a Ground shipment that fast?

All the time. I live near Philadelphia, and often order from J&R (in NYC)
and Amazon (which has a distribution center in Wilmington, DE). Next-day UPS
Ground delivery is the norm.

If the item is picked up from the vendor by UPS on the day you order it, it
will probably be on its way to your local UPS distribution center later that
same evening. If it gets there before the next morning, it's very likely to
be on the little brown truck that delivers to your neighborhood soon
thereafter.

RichC

Tarkus

On 1/29/2005 9:08:24 AM, Jon Purkey wrote:

> And I generally get my orders from Staples.com the following day, but
> I'm not certain how they ship. It's only $7.95 per order though so you
> can't beat that. With my last order they called me the day after I
> ordered and said there would be a delay (one day) and asked if I
> wanted to cancel the order. I couldn't believe it. I've had other
> places take nearly a month to ship and I never hear a word from them.

Tell me about it. I ordered some Levi's from a company awhile back.
They send you a questionnaire after 14 days to ask how your order went.
I hadn't even received them by then. They had just barely shipped, even
though they were supposedly in stock.
--
"What's wrong with you? What you screamin' for? Every 5 minutes
there's somethin', a bomb or somethin'. I'm leavin'. Bzzzz!"

Now playing: the radio.

Tarkus

On 1/29/2005 9:23:21 AM, Rich Clark wrote:

> All the time. I live near Philadelphia, and often order from J&R (in NYC)
> and Amazon (which has a distribution center in Wilmington, DE). Next-day UPS
> Ground delivery is the norm.
>
> If the item is picked up from the vendor by UPS on the day you order it, it
> will probably be on its way to your local UPS distribution center later that
> same evening. If it gets there before the next morning, it's very likely to
> be on the little brown truck that delivers to your neighborhood soon
> thereafter.

Interesting. I've gotten stuff two days later before, but never the very
next day. It was a nice little surprise. I was just hoping to get them
by Monday.
--
"We accidentally replaced your heart with a baked potato. You have
about three seconds to live."

Now playing: the radio.