Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Netflix vs Blockbuster vs Walmart

Netflix vs Blockbuster vs Walmart

netflixfanatic@yahoo.com

That's right. No sorting required, just scanning.
Becky
netflixfan dot com

dvdguy2@webtv.net

The Wal-Mart return clerk basically told me you can't exchange defective
dvd's of tv show sets at all, even for the same title. (and of course,
you can't return them for a refund once they're opened).

She didn't say it quite that way. What she said was that if you watch
the dvd's in the time limit for exhanges, you can't ecxcaem becase
t'syour fault snce you have rdvd player on too long and it's you and
your dvd player that is causing theproblem by you waching that many
episodes that fast

She als said that that has already been proven because they did an
investigation into the problems and that they founf out all the problems
were caused by people watchng too many episodes of a dvd set in the 10
days. because it causes the dvd players to overheat and ruin the
discs.
ditaoungo kidworking either this was a regular middle-aged lady.

so the two choices if you buy a dvd set of a tv show from Wal-Mart is
either

1. watch them so that you don't fnish watching all of the episodes
until after the ten days are up which means you can't return it for
exchange it for the same title if it's defective, since it's past the
ten day return limit. (And yes t's a ten day return limit at Wal-Mart
for dvd. More than one department told me that including the electrncs
department at WalMart. And mre tan one person rkingt here. or

2. watch all the episodes within ten days ad you cant return if for
xcage of the same title if it's defective becaus is your fault the disc
is ruined because you watched too many episodes n ten days of whatever
season set tv show dvd you bought (according to the people who work at
WalMat)

If you watch a whole season set of a tv show within ten or fourteen
days, then you've watched them too fast by having your dvd player on, wh
uned up the disc and it's your fault the disc is defective, not the
manufacturer's fault (according to WaMart).

Since then, I have now been buying my dvd's at Best Buy instead of
WalMart even though the price of dvd's is a ittle bit higher at Best
Buy than it is at WalMart.

[...]

I'd stay away from Wal-Mart at all costs.

I pret much do now, after they basically told me that I can't exchange
defective tv show dvd sets at all, even for the same title (even thogh
their te policy sas you can).

Their actual excuse was that if you watch an entire tv show dvd set
within the number of days that they allow for returns, it's your fault
the disc is defective because you watched them too close tgether and mad
your dvd player burn the disc since yu caused your dvd player to
overheat by watching that many episodes within that many days.

That was their actual stated excuse.

Of course, if you had waited eve ne day onger, t's past the time imit to
exchange them anyway, and then you can't exchange them anyway.

I now buy most of my dvd's at Best Buy even though the prices are a
little bit higher.

Best Buy has a much better dvd selection than Walmart.

WlMart only has a lttle selecton of dvd's to choose from.

Also, Best Buy has a longer return/exchange time limit than the ten day
limit that Wal-Mart has.

Bill Turner

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:54:13 -0500, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I pret much do now, after they basically told me that I can't exchange
>defective tv show dvd sets at all, even for the same title (even thogh
>their te policy sas you can).

You apparently need a new keyboard.

--
BT

-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

What a bunch of baloney. Suppose you just tried one disc out of order
and it was defective. Try taking it back to another store.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> She didn't say it quite that way. What she said was that if you

watch
> the dvd's in the time limit for exhanges, you can't ecxcaem becase
> t'syour fault snce you have rdvd player on too long and it's you and
> your dvd player that is causing theproblem by you waching that many
> episodes that fast

Stan Brown

"Bill Turner" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
>On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:54:13 -0500, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>I pret much do now, after they basically told me that I can't exchange
>>defective tv show dvd sets at all, even for the same title (even thogh
>>their te policy sas you can).

>You apparently need a new keyboard.

It's dvdguy. What he needs is a new brain.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Urra Dipschitt

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Stan Brown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It's dvdguy. What he needs is a new brain.

God, is that obvious! That and a typing tutor.

theyak

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, dvdguy2
@webtv.net says...
> The Wal-Mart return clerk basically told me you can't exchange defective
> dvd's of tv show sets at all, even for the same title. (and of course,
> you can't return them for a refund once they're opened).
>
> She didn't say it quite that way. What she said was that if you watch
> the dvd's in the time limit for exhanges, you can't ecxcaem becase
> t'syour fault snce you have rdvd player on too long and it's you and
> your dvd player that is causing theproblem by you waching that many
> episodes that fast
>
> She als said that that has already been proven because they did an
> investigation into the problems and that they founf out all the problems
> were caused by people watchng too many episodes of a dvd set in the 10
> days. because it causes the dvd players to overheat and ruin the
> discs.
> ditaoungo kidworking either this was a regular middle-aged lady.
>
> so the two choices if you buy a dvd set of a tv show from Wal-Mart is
> either
>
> 1. watch them so that you don't fnish watching all of the episodes
> until after the ten days are up which means you can't return it for
> exchange it for the same title if it's defective, since it's past the
> ten day return limit. (And yes t's a ten day return limit at Wal-Mart
> for dvd. More than one department told me that including the electrncs
> department at WalMart. And mre tan one person rkingt here. or
>
> 2. watch all the episodes within ten days ad you cant return if for
> xcage of the same title if it's defective becaus is your fault the disc
> is ruined because you watched too many episodes n ten days of whatever
> season set tv show dvd you bought (according to the people who work at
> WalMat)
>
> If you watch a whole season set of a tv show within ten or fourteen
> days, then you've watched them too fast by having your dvd player on, wh
> uned up the disc and it's your fault the disc is defective, not the
> manufacturer's fault (according to WaMart).
>

> Since then, I have now been buying my dvd's at Best Buy instead of
> WalMart even though the price of dvd's is a ittle bit higher at Best
> Buy than it is at WalMart.

Uh, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Take your dvds back to
walmart and ask to speak to the general manager. If you make enough
noise walmart will take anything back.

Failing that (which won't fail, tell the GM that his electronics person
is a moron), sign up for a free trial of walmart's dvd rental service
and trade your bad discs for their good ones.

Joe S

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I'd stay away from Wal-Mart at all costs.
>
> I pret much do now, after they basically told me that I can't exchange
> defective tv show dvd sets at all, even for the same title (even thogh
> their te policy sas you can).

dvdguy2!!! Hey! Long time no SEEEE!

Still under court order not to have access to a computer?

I see your WebTV keyboard is still busted....you should get that
replaced....or maybe just vacuum the fritos out of it.

--
Joe