Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Given extra time against my will

Given extra time against my will

James Waite

Exactly...

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:10:55 +0100, "Dev Lunsford"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The reason he's saying all this isn't because he cares so much about having
>too much time himself - it's about the system, and why should people get
>extra time just because of where they live, when they don't need it? he's
>right, they should wait until someone asks for extra time before giving it
>to them.
>
>-dev...

billyw

your obviously looking at things from a very selfish standpoint..
i assume that if you are struggling with the exam and time expires (although
u have 30 minutes left) you will finish it and see the outcome.. otherwise
using your logic you would be having an "unfair advantage"
they say travel broadens the mind... obviously not true for everyone

"James Waite" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Exactly...
>
> On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:10:55 +0100, "Dev Lunsford"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >The reason he's saying all this isn't because he cares so much about

having
> >too much time himself - it's about the system, and why should people get
> >extra time just because of where they live, when they don't need it?

he's
> >right, they should wait until someone asks for extra time before giving

it
> >to them.
> >
> >-dev...

AT

What is the problem with getting the extra 30 minutes?
You can still leave when ever you want to!

AT

"James Waite" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That's the thing
>
> 1. The test is offerd in German as well as most other european
> langueges, you CAN request whatever language you want when you sign up
>
> 2. The extra time is not being given based on where I take the test
> but where I live. The test I took last week, in Germany but with a
> California home address, allowed the normal amount of time.
>

> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:19:50 +0100, "billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >surely when in germany then it would be safe to assume that the majority

of
> >the test victims would be germans speakers.
> >so why would a german in germany feel he had to specifically ask for
> >1. the test in german.
> >2, provide documents they speak german.
> >
> >can you provide documents that you speak english.. i would suggest a
> >passport is not such a document btw.
> >
> >not thought a lot about this have you....
> >

> >"James Waite" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> Regardless of your confidence in my English ability (I was born in the
> >> US and lived there until I moved to Germany 2 years ago) it would
> >> seem a better policy to me to only give the extra time to people who,
> >>
> >> 1. Ask for it.
> >> 2. Provide documentation they need it.

> >that

> >specify

take

for

(American

as

S. O'Brien

I think that everyone is forgetting the purpose of this post. I believe the
poster was objecting because the rest of us only have a certain allotted
time for our exams and, being fluently english, he is objecting to getting
special treatment just because of where he lives. I agree that he should
not be given preferential treatment but if that is the policy, there isnt
much he can do. I'd say he should just time himself and then end the exam
at the allotted time (that the rest of us have) and hope for the best. That
is about all he can do.

Just my opinion

--
Sue MCNGP #69
http://www.mcngp.tk

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

"James Waite" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just though someone might find this interesting. I registered to take
> 70-215 next week. Reading my confirmation email from VUETesting, I
> see they've included an accommodation. A 30 minute time extension for
> non-native speakers living in non-English-speaking countries.
>
> I rang VUE and explained that I am a native english speaker (American
> English anyway). The CSA informed me there was nothing to be done as
> the accommodation was based on where I live (Germany), not on which
> languages I speak. Is it just me or is this whacked?
>
> James

Walking Fish

James is right. You should only be able to get extra time when a test is not
available in your own native language. Else people outside conus get an
advantage (30 minutes is a lot of time). When I spend hundreds of dollars on
a cert like mcse I want to be sure that it's worth something and doesn't
allow for loopholes like that. This has nothing to do with being selfish..

"billyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> your obviously looking at things from a very selfish standpoint..
> i assume that if you are struggling with the exam and time expires

(although
> u have 30 minutes left) you will finish it and see the outcome.. otherwise
> using your logic you would be having an "unfair advantage"
> they say travel broadens the mind... obviously not true for everyone
>

> "James Waite" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Exactly...
> >
> > On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:10:55 +0100, "Dev Lunsford"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >The reason he's saying all this isn't because he cares so much about

> having
> > >too much time himself - it's about the system, and why should people

get
> > >extra time just because of where they live, when they don't need it?

> he's
> > >right, they should wait until someone asks for extra time before giving

> it
> > >to them.
> > >
> > >-dev...

Crys

Well after all this debate, please let us know how you did
and how long it took.

Hope it goes well.

Waite, James

Right, I passed....in just a little over an hour....

"Crys" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:064f01c38213$8610bfe0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well after all this debate, please let us know how you did
> and how long it took.
>
> Hope it goes well.

JaR

"Waite, James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkqfc4$3dc$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Right, I passed....in just a little over an hour....

Thank $Deity!

Congratulations anyway

--
J.R. Jones