Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Shrink versus Nero

DVD Shrink versus Nero

RichA

Nero seems to be able to condense down
my DVDs sufficiently well to make a copy
on a DVD+/-R. Why would I need DVD Shrink?
-Rich

Biz

"RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nero seems to be able to condense down
> my DVDs sufficiently well to make a copy
> on a DVD+/-R. Why would I need DVD Shrink?
> -Rich

Nero is an evil combined component software...

DVDShrink is completely free...

Joe S

Biz wrote:
> "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Nero seems to be able to condense down
>>my DVDs sufficiently well to make a copy
>>on a DVD+/-R. Why would I need DVD Shrink?
>>-Rich

> Nero is an evil combined component software...
>
> DVDShrink is completely free...

LOLOL

Niiiice.

Joe

RichA

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:41:45 GMT, "Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Nero seems to be able to condense down
>> my DVDs sufficiently well to make a copy
>> on a DVD+/-R. Why would I need DVD Shrink?
>> -Rich

>Nero is an evil combined component software...
>
>DVDShrink is completely free...

Is free different from "completely free?"
Is that like, "free gift?"
-Rich

Bratboy

Nero is good for certain things, mainly to burn your disc's. I have
experimented using both Nero and Shrink and Shrink in 4 tests always
produced a better qual image for being shrunk.

RichA

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:45:42 -0700, "Bratboy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Nero is good for certain things, mainly to burn your disc's. I have
>experimented using both Nero and Shrink and Shrink in 4 tests always
>produced a better qual image for being shrunk.

Would those be made using the "deep analysis" feature?
-Rich

Nicholas Andrade

RichA wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:41:45 GMT, "Biz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>
>>>Nero seems to be able to condense down
>>>my DVDs sufficiently well to make a copy
>>>on a DVD+/-R. Why would I need DVD Shrink?
>>>-Rich

>>Nero is an evil combined component software...
>>
>>DVDShrink is completely free...
>>

> Is free different from "completely free?"
> Is that like, "free gift?"
> -Rich

Bratboy

"RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:45:42 -0700, "Bratboy"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Nero is good for certain things, mainly to burn your disc's. I have
>>experimented using both Nero and Shrink and Shrink in 4 tests always
>>produced a better qual image for being shrunk.
>>

> Would those be made using the "deep analysis" feature?
> -Rich

Force of habit from old DivX making days but yes, I do like to let it do dbl
pass. Single still does a good job but IMO the deep analysis results in much
better shrinks. Now I personally have never used the other otion that was
added to the options tab thats supposed to help some more but I just am not
familiar with it & my movies look rather good as is so havent played with
it.

stantheman

I want the best quality so I am prepared to wait the extra time for this
extra analysis to occur (and it does add substantially to the encoding
time). I have been impressed with the results but I haven't compared the
difference if not 'Quality Enhanced'. Might do a test to see the results.

RichA

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:08:30 +1030, stantheman
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I want the best quality so I am prepared to wait the extra time for this
>extra analysis to occur (and it does add substantially to the encoding
>time). I have been impressed with the results but I haven't compared the
>difference if not 'Quality Enhanced'. Might do a test to see the results.

I've done it with one movie, I'll try with Nero and compare them.
The time it took was about 2 hours for the analysis and 3 to do
the conversion and burn. But that's on a relatively slow system
with other stuff going on. I'm gettig a new, faster system to
just do this "grunt" work on Sunday.
-Rich