Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Looking for a good rocket related dvd

Looking for a good rocket related dvd

Johnnyboy

What I mean by that, is I'm looking for a decent dvd of rockets lifting
off. I've seen recent video of cameras on sides of rockets as they lift
off. The video seems to be of a fairly good quality. I would love to
get a dvd showing the rocket from lift off to orbit from those cameras
attached to the rocket itself. I'm not interested in the older Apollo
era stuff. Though still interesting, it's not what I'm after right now.

I've browsed through the Space dvd's at Amazon.com. Didn't see anything
even close to that. I didn't see any kind of store a nasa.gov either.

Dyuob Poltice

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:27:11 -0500, Johnnyboy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What I mean by that, is I'm looking for a decent dvd of rockets lifting
>off. I've seen recent video of cameras on sides of rockets as they lift
>off. The video seems to be of a fairly good quality. I would love to
>get a dvd showing the rocket from lift off to orbit from those cameras
>attached to the rocket itself. I'm not interested in the older Apollo
>era stuff. Though still interesting, it's not what I'm after right now.
>
>I've browsed through the Space dvd's at Amazon.com. Didn't see anything
>even close to that. I didn't see any kind of store a nasa.gov either.

What sort of rockets are you referring to?

Johnnyboy

says...
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:27:11 -0500, Johnnyboy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >What I mean by that, is I'm looking for a decent dvd of rockets lifting
> >off. I've seen recent video of cameras on sides of rockets as they lift
> >off. The video seems to be of a fairly good quality. I would love to
> >get a dvd showing the rocket from lift off to orbit from those cameras
> >attached to the rocket itself. I'm not interested in the older Apollo
> >era stuff. Though still interesting, it's not what I'm after right now.
> >
> >I've browsed through the Space dvd's at Amazon.com. Didn't see anything
> >even close to that. I didn't see any kind of store a nasa.gov either.

> What sort of rockets are you referring to?

Any rockets really. Rockets that put satellites into space. Stuff like
that.

Dyuob Poltice

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 08:09:48 -0500, Johnnyboy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>says...
>> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:27:11 -0500, Johnnyboy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >What I mean by that, is I'm looking for a decent dvd of rockets lifting
>> >off. I've seen recent video of cameras on sides of rockets as they lift
>> >off. The video seems to be of a fairly good quality. I would love to
>> >get a dvd showing the rocket from lift off to orbit from those cameras
>> >attached to the rocket itself. I'm not interested in the older Apollo
>> >era stuff. Though still interesting, it's not what I'm after right now.
>> >
>> >I've browsed through the Space dvd's at Amazon.com. Didn't see anything
>> >even close to that. I didn't see any kind of store a nasa.gov either.

>> What sort of rockets are you referring to?

>Any rockets really. Rockets that put satellites into space. Stuff like
>that.

Well, since you want stuff after Apollo, you might try:
The Dream is Alive (an Imax film on dvd)
Or, perhaps
Blue Planet, again, it's another Imax dvd.
There are other Imax films about space, just check Amazon.
If you reconsider the older stuff, Madacy a few space flight sets that
are relatively inexpensive, but the coolest I've seen so far is the
NASA sets from their archives.
The detail is astounding.
I've got the Apollo 11 and Gemini sets, and they really are a treat to
watch.

Johnnyboy

I do have The Dream is Alive and Blue Planet. They are great. I was
just hoping there was a dvd with cameras on the side of rockets showing
the launch from pad to orbit.

I just did a quick search on the web and found this short Quicktime
video. It's a lanuch from pad to orbit. The quality is low, but what
I've seen on tv, the video can be very high. This is what I'm after.
Cameras on the side of rockets.

http://www.mars.tv/video/mars-odyssey-launch-300qt.html

says...
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 08:09:48 -0500, Johnnyboy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> >says...

> >> What sort of rockets are you referring to?

> >Any rockets really. Rockets that put satellites into space. Stuff like
> >that.

> Well, since you want stuff after Apollo, you might try:
> The Dream is Alive (an Imax film on dvd)
> Or, perhaps
> Blue Planet, again, it's another Imax dvd.
> There are other Imax films about space, just check Amazon.
> If you reconsider the older stuff, Madacy a few space flight sets that
> are relatively inexpensive, but the coolest I've seen so far is the
> NASA sets from their archives.
> The detail is astounding.
> I've got the Apollo 11 and Gemini sets, and they really are a treat to
> watch.

Nick

How about that film called Rocket man ? Or is that just a song by Elton
John?

"Johnnyboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
> says...
>> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:27:11 -0500, Johnnyboy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >What I mean by that, is I'm looking for a decent dvd of rockets lifting
>> >off. I've seen recent video of cameras on sides of rockets as they lift
>> >off. The video seems to be of a fairly good quality. I would love to
>> >get a dvd showing the rocket from lift off to orbit from those cameras
>> >attached to the rocket itself. I'm not interested in the older Apollo
>> >era stuff. Though still interesting, it's not what I'm after right now.
>> >
>> >I've browsed through the Space dvd's at Amazon.com. Didn't see anything
>> >even close to that. I didn't see any kind of store a nasa.gov either.

>> What sort of rockets are you referring to?

> Any rockets really. Rockets that put satellites into space. Stuff like
> that.

Mike Kohary

Nick wrote:
> How about that film called Rocket man ? Or is that just a song by
> Elton John?

You're probably thinking of "Rocket Boys".

robert gray

The Dish, a great Australian film.

Nick

or was it an old 50's tv series? Or both - actually it was both. The film is
good in a bad sort of way

news:cuegt8$49f$(E-Mail Removed)...