Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > buffer problem when burning

buffer problem when burning

mqq13

Hello,

I have some problems with my new dvd writer. I've got the nec 3520.
When burning the buffer goes from 100% to 0% and back to 100 per
cent and this 10 times. So when burning a dvd at for example 16
speed, it takes an hour to burn one dvd. I put the dvd writer in
another pc and it worked well in the second pc.
Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Maurice

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC2
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

What The

Burn slower, or upgrade your computer to cope with the required speed.

"mqq13" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41f23395$0$51583$(E-Mail Removed)4al l.nl...
> Hello,
>
> I have some problems with my new dvd writer. I've got the nec 3520.
> When burning the buffer goes from 100% to 0% and back to 100 per
> cent and this 10 times. So when burning a dvd at for example 16
> speed, it takes an hour to burn one dvd. I put the dvd writer in
> another pc and it worked well in the second pc.
> Can someone help me?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Maurice

> Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC2
> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
> * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

theyak

In article <41f23395$0$51583$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl >,
> Hello,
>
> I have some problems with my new dvd writer. I've got the nec 3520.
> When burning the buffer goes from 100% to 0% and back to 100 per
> cent and this 10 times. So when burning a dvd at for example 16
> speed, it takes an hour to burn one dvd. I put the dvd writer in
> another pc and it worked well in the second pc.
> Can someone help me?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Maurice

Have you been futzing around with "other" firmware? One firmware I put
on my drive made my buffer fluctuate like that. Not as severely, but
nevertheless...

Joe S

mqq13 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some problems with my new dvd writer. I've got the nec 3520.
> When burning the buffer goes from 100% to 0% and back to 100 per
> cent and this 10 times. So when burning a dvd at for example 16
> speed, it takes an hour to burn one dvd. I put the dvd writer in
> another pc and it worked well in the second pc.
> Can someone help me?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Maurice

> Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC2
> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
> * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Check if DMA is enabled. What operating system?

--
Joe

Flush beats a straight
Drive on the right
AlasKa AriZona ARkansas

Dragon

"mqq13" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41f23395$0$51583$(E-Mail Removed)4al l.nl...
> Hello,
>
> I have some problems with my new dvd writer. I've got the nec 3520.
> When burning the buffer goes from 100% to 0% and back to 100 per
> cent and this 10 times. So when burning a dvd at for example 16
> speed, it takes an hour to burn one dvd. I put the dvd writer in
> another pc and it worked well in the second pc.
> Can someone help me?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Maurice

Hi M

i had a similar problem on my sons machine but that was running win98se so i
uprgraded it to xp pro and now no problems, not sure what you are running
but maybe thats the prob

dave

> Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC2
> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
> * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

jim

Do you have enough ram? I was just running 256megs sdram and was having
very similar problems but added another 512 megs and everything hums along
quite nicely now. I hope this helps.
news:KmxId.196849$(E-Mail Removed). uk...