Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Toshiba 36SW9UA Widsreen 86cm (HD) can you tell me if it has Progressive Scan ?

Toshiba 36SW9UA Widsreen 86cm (HD) can you tell me if it has Progressive Scan ?

Tom Cruiser

Toshiba 36SW9UA Widsreen 86cm (HD) can you tell me if it has
Progressive Scan ?

Are any of these specs show Progressive scan but just by a different
name ??

Toshiba 36SW9UA (HD)

36SW9UA Digital Hyper - Toshiba's proprietary technology - has the
ability to convert all input signals into high-resolution signals.
Horizontal pixels can reach upto 1931 lines while vertical scanning
can achieve 1152 lines (based on 576i/576p input signal). To
supplement the High Definition conversion, 36SW9UA also realizes 3 new
technologies, namely the Digital Hyper Signal Processing System,
Diagonal Line Improvement System, and New Fine Cinema Mode. The
built-in card slot (for digital camera SD-Card and Smart Media Card)
enables you to simply slot in the card and enjoy high quality images
on a big screen instantly.

To search for your nearest retailer enter your postcode on the Dealer
section page.

* Digital Hyper Signal Processing System
* 16:9 Flat Widescreen
* High Definition Compatible* (720p/1080i 50/60Hz)
* Bridge Media (SD Card and Smart Media Card Slot)
* Double Window
* Fine-Pitch CRT
* 2 DVD Component Video Inputs
* 3-Dimensional Y/C Separator (NTSC)
* SRS WOW Sound System
* Super Woofer

Model 36SW9UA
Screen Size 86cm
Aspect Ratio 16:9 Widescreen
Receiving System PAL/NTSC/SECAM
Hyper Tuner Yes
Fastext Yes
Sound NICAM (BG,I,DK)/German Stereo (BG)
100Hz Scanning Yes
Digital Hyper Yes
Digital Line Improvement System Yes
New Cinema Mode 3:2/2:2 Pull Down
High Definition Compatible* 1080i/720p (50/60Hz)
CRT Fine-Pitch CRT
Bridge Media (Card Slot) SD / Smart Media
Digital Window Double Window / Channel Search / Strobe
3-Dimensional Y/C Separator (NTSC) Yes
Digital Noise Reduction Yes
Audio Output (10%RMS) 12W x 2 + 16W
Full Range Speakers 8 x 12cm
Surround SRS WOW Yes
Multi-lingual OSD English/Chinese/Malay/Vietnamese/Thai
Auto Search Memory (ASM) Yes
On/Off Timer Yes
Blue Black Control Yes
No Signal Mute Yes
Selectable Picture Yes
Selectable Sound Yes
DVD Component Video Input 2
S-Video Input 1
AV Input 3
AV Output 1
Front AV Input S+RCA
Automatic Voltage Regulator 220-240V
Power Consumption 215W
Dimensions (W x H x D)mm 935 x 625 x 604
Weight (net)kg 75.2

* When connected to a set-top box

Note Design and specifications are subject to change without notice

Are any of these specs show Progressive scan but just by a different
name ??

Thanks.

Biz

Yes it is....576p<-----thats what the p stands for...

Looks like its capable of 576i/576p/720p/1080i

"Tom Cruiser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> [...]
> Full Range Speakers 8 x 12cm
> Surround SRS WOW Yes
> Multi-lingual OSD English/Chinese/Malay/Vietnamese/Thai
> Auto Search Memory (ASM) Yes
> On/Off Timer Yes
> Blue Black Control Yes
> No Signal Mute Yes
> Selectable Picture Yes
> Selectable Sound Yes
> DVD Component Video Input 2
> S-Video Input 1
> AV Input 3
> AV Output 1
> Front AV Input S+RCA
> Automatic Voltage Regulator 220-240V
> Power Consumption 215W
> Dimensions (W x H x D)mm 935 x 625 x 604
> Weight (net)kg 75.2
>
> * When connected to a set-top box
>
> Note Design and specifications are subject to change without notice
>

> Are any of these specs show Progressive scan but just by a different

Tom Cruiser

Thanks.

So when i have a DVD player with progresive scan everything will be
sweet then ?