Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > anyone have one of these? JVC DR-MH30S HDD/DVD Recorder Combo

anyone have one of these? JVC DR-MH30S HDD/DVD Recorder Combo

MauiJNP

I am considering this recorder. does anyone have it? would they recommend
it? thanks

Daver

I have one.
For me the big advantage over others is that live recording starts as soon
as its turned on and is a continuous moving window. This is a lot better
than having to press record to get this feature. Also at any stage you can
record what is in the live record buffer.
The downside of it is the menu's which are a bit slow and not very
streamlined. For some reason they went backwards from the menus they used on
their HDD+SVHS recorder that came out some years ago. It has much the same
features as others but I must say I prefer those on the Panasonic for ease
of use.

One other gliche was that the first one I got didn't work properly. If I did
an OTR recording it wouldn't work properly when I turned it on the next day.

"MauiJNP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am considering this recorder. does anyone have it? would they

recommend
> it? thanks

MauiJNP

"Daver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:csfn85$rr$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have one.
> For me the big advantage over others is that live recording starts as soon
> as its turned on and is a continuous moving window. This is a lot better
> than having to press record to get this feature. Also at any stage you can
> record what is in the live record buffer.
> The downside of it is the menu's which are a bit slow and not very
> streamlined. For some reason they went backwards from the menus they used
> on
> their HDD+SVHS recorder that came out some years ago. It has much the same
> features as others but I must say I prefer those on the Panasonic for ease
> of use.
>
> One other gliche was that the first one I got didn't work properly. If I
> did
> an OTR recording it wouldn't work properly when I turned it on the next
> day.

thanks. I ended up with a panasonic. I think I liked the menu and editing
better on the JVC but so far, I didn't have any problems with it. thanks
again