Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > MX-500 Universal Remote

MX-500 Universal Remote

Bernie Woodham

I got sick of having to fiddle with 6 different remotes and bought a MX-500
Universal Remote. This is supposedly the UR to end all URs. I got to
programming it and was pretty impressed with what it can do. Until I got
to my dvd player.

I have an Apex AD-800. The manual for the MX500 lists two codes for it and
neither work. No problem, thought I, just get the UR in learning mode and...
No Luck. The UR will not learn from the Apex remote. The Apex remote works
fine on it's own. But it's just not much of a teacher.

Anyone know why this might be?

Thanks.

Galley

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:51:47 GMT, "Bernie Woodham" <(E-Mail Removed)>
spewed forth these words of wisdom:

>I got sick of having to fiddle with 6 different remotes and bought a MX-500
>Universal Remote. This is supposedly the UR to end all URs. I got to
>programming it and was pretty impressed with what it can do. Until I got
>to my dvd player.
>
>I have an Apex AD-800. The manual for the MX500 lists two codes for it and
>neither work. No problem, thought I, just get the UR in learning mode and...
>No Luck. The UR will not learn from the Apex remote. The Apex remote works
>fine on it's own. But it's just not much of a teacher.
>
>Anyone know why this might be?
>
>Thanks.

Check in the forums at http://www.remotecentral.com/

Galley