Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Chip in tvs to stop theft ?

Chip in tvs to stop theft ?

habshi

Expensive car radios have a chip which makes them useless
when stolen . can such a chip be put in expensive plasma and lcd tvs?

Zimmy

What do you want the chip to do? Yell, "Stop theif!!!" ?

"habshi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Expensive car radios have a chip which makes them useless
> when stolen . can such a chip be put in expensive plasma and lcd tvs?

Gulshan Khan (wada-Sain)

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:15:14 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (habshi) wrote:

> Expensive car radios have a chip which makes them useless
>when stolen . can such a chip be put in expensive plasma and lcd tvs?

I think you must have one implanted in your ass... All hindus should
since their ass has been KOONIed and taken by so many.

kaydigi

"Zimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What do you want the chip to do? Yell, "Stop theif!!!" ?

LOL, same thing I was thinking.

Comfortably Numb

habshi wrote:
> Expensive car radios have a chip which makes them useless
> when stolen . can such a chip be put in expensive plasma and lcd tvs?

"expensive car radio" is that what theyre called now? idont know if its
really a chip, just a basic funtion that remembers a numerical code you
punch in. and thats mostly oem decks from auomakers. most "expensive car
radios" have removable faceplates which makes them uselss when stolen.

and a code has to be punched in whenever battery power is cutoff from
stereo. if you have to punch in a code into yer tv every time the power
went out or there was a power surge, that would be quite the pain the ass!

Justin

Comfortably Numb wrote on [Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:30:06 GMT]:
> and a code has to be punched in whenever battery power is cutoff from
> stereo. if you have to punch in a code into yer tv every time the power
> went out or there was a power surge, that would be quite the pain the ass!

Any more annoying than having to reset the clock and sometimes the
channels?

Jordan

Who is going to be able to walk away with a plasma or LCD tv? They're
HUGE!

Granted, I only have a 52" rear projection set, but it took 2 guys to
get it upstairs.

- Jordan

habshi

2 people with a van

On 13 Jan 2005 12:45:09 -0800, "Jordan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Who is going to be able to walk away with a plasma or LCD tv? They're
HUGE!

Granted, I only have a 52" rear projection set, but it took 2 guys to
get it upstairs.

- Jordan

LASERandDVDfan

>Expensive car radios have a chip which makes them useless
>when stolen . can such a chip be put in expensive plasma and lcd tvs?

That could work if you're talking about a 13 inch Sharp Aquos.

But it would look rather conspicuous if someone tried to skip the register and
walk out of a store with a Sony Vega Engine. - Reinhart

Comfortably Numb

Justin wrote:

> Any more annoying than having to reset the clock and sometimes the
> channels?

who actually uses the tv clock!lol