Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Help! Trying to find an anthology series episode!

Reply
Thread Tools

Help! Trying to find an anthology series episode!

 
 
go_widescreen@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-12-2005
I was wondering if anybody could help with this..

I just bought the Season 1 Box Set of the 80's Twilight Zone,
and I was looking for a particular episode.


The show involved 3 kids who all got one wish (or something like that)
and one of the kids asked to be able to see through
women's shirts, but then something gets screwed up, then another
kids wishes that he could tell his parents to do anything he
wanted. He tells his mom he wants money for some records
(which means this had to have been an 80's show) and that he
wants pizza for dinner. Then when the kid gets home, his mom
is still sitting on the couch and he realizes that he has to tell
her everything to do in order to make the pizza. (get up, open
the refrigerator, put it in the stove, etc.)

Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's not on the Twilight
Zone DVDs, and I checked out TV Tome and looked at the entire
episode list, but I didn't see it. I also checked out the
80's Alfred Hitchcock Presents, but it wasn't there either.
Anyone know at all what am blabbing about? Thanks for any help!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Marci
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-12-2005
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody could help with this..
>
> I just bought the Season 1 Box Set of the 80's Twilight Zone,
> and I was looking for a particular episode.
>
>
> The show involved 3 kids who all got one wish (or something like that)
> and one of the kids asked to be able to see through
> women's shirts, but then something gets screwed up, then another
> kids wishes that he could tell his parents to do anything he
> wanted. He tells his mom he wants money for some records
> (which means this had to have been an 80's show) and that he
> wants pizza for dinner. Then when the kid gets home, his mom
> is still sitting on the couch and he realizes that he has to tell
> her everything to do in order to make the pizza. (get up, open
> the refrigerator, put it in the stove, etc.)
>
> Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's not on the Twilight
> Zone DVDs, and I checked out TV Tome and looked at the entire
> episode list, but I didn't see it. I also checked out the
> 80's Alfred Hitchcock Presents, but it wasn't there either.
> Anyone know at all what am blabbing about? Thanks for any help!
>


You know, this sounds really familiar. One in particular that comes to
mind is the episode "It's a Good Life" with Billy Mumy and Cloris
Leachman.

"Little Anthony Fremont controls an entire town with his ability to read
minds and make people do as he wishes. Which is a real good thing."

Season 3, originally aired Nov 3, 1961. Does this sound familiar?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Darrel.Christenson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-12-2005
Marci wrote:

> You know, this sounds really familiar. One in particular that comes to
> mind is the episode "It's a Good Life" with Billy Mumy and Cloris Leachman.
>
> "Little Anthony Fremont controls an entire town with his ability to read
> minds and make people do as he wishes. Which is a real good thing."
>
> Season 3, originally aired Nov 3, 1961. Does this sound familiar?


No, I don't think that's it as that's only 1 kid
and the description involves 3 kids...

.... but gosh if it doesn't sound famalier too, my
memory is of a color episode and they get their
wishes from a leprechaun though I don't remember
where/how/etc. they found him and I think they
hid him in their treehouse for a while and brought
him a burger and fries to eat and he didn't care
for fast food. hmm...


drc

 
Reply With Quote
 
Derek Janssen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
Marci wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if anybody could help with this..
>>
>> I just bought the Season 1 Box Set of the 80's Twilight Zone,
>> and I was looking for a particular episode.
>>
>>
>> The show involved 3 kids who all got one wish (or something like that)
>> and one of the kids asked to be able to see through
>> women's shirts, but then something gets screwed up, then another
>> kids wishes that he could tell his parents to do anything he
>> wanted. He tells his mom he wants money for some records
>> (which means this had to have been an 80's show) and that he
>> wants pizza for dinner. Then when the kid gets home, his mom
>> is still sitting on the couch and he realizes that he has to tell
>> her everything to do in order to make the pizza. (get up, open
>> the refrigerator, put it in the stove, etc.)
>>
>> Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's not on the Twilight
>> Zone DVDs, and I checked out TV Tome and looked at the entire
>> episode list, but I didn't see it.

>
> You know, this sounds really familiar. One in particular that comes to
> mind is the episode "It's a Good Life" with Billy Mumy and Cloris Leachman.


I am a Twilight Zone:Classic fan (just got the boxset), and I am
stopping this branch of the discussion right now:
<Ralph Kramden mode> Out!....OUT!!

And even though I'm not up on 80's+ TZ, I know that Harlan's Folly was
WAYYYY too humorless and pretentious to be in the category described,
the 90's Strazcynski version was too foggy, and that short-lived UPN
burp was too busy doing remakes and sequels.
If it's kid-centric, sounds more like Nick's "Are You Afraid of the
Dark", but since they were never *that* goofy (and plot sounds too
coherent to be "Goosebumps"), I'd try "The Zack Files", also on disk.
I don't know that for a fact, but at least I know what series I have
respect for.

(And don't let me catch you round here again.)

Derek Janssen ("It's a Goooo--"...ohhh, I oughta--Bang-ZOOM!)
(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
jjmoreta
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
Darrel.Christenson wrote on 1/12/2005 3:10 PM:
> Marci wrote:
>
>> You know, this sounds really familiar. One in particular that comes
>> to mind is the episode "It's a Good Life" with Billy Mumy and Cloris
>> Leachman.
>>
>> "Little Anthony Fremont controls an entire town with his ability to
>> read minds and make people do as he wishes. Which is a real good thing."
>>
>> Season 3, originally aired Nov 3, 1961. Does this sound familiar?

>
>
> No, I don't think that's it as that's only 1 kid
> and the description involves 3 kids...
>
> ... but gosh if it doesn't sound famalier too, my
> memory is of a color episode and they get their
> wishes from a leprechaun though I don't remember
> where/how/etc. they found him and I think they
> hid him in their treehouse for a while and brought
> him a burger and fries to eat and he didn't care
> for fast food. hmm...
>
>
> drc
>


Ding, ding, ding! You are correct. =)

This also sounded REALLY familiar and I found it. You have the right
series and the right season. How many episodes are in that boxset?

from: http://www.tvtome.com/TwilightZone_1985/guide.html

47. The Leprechaun Artist
gs: Bradley Gregg (Richie) Danny Nucci (Buddy)

Vacationing in the United States, an Irish leprechaun is caught by three
boys. To be freed, he must grant them three wishes, one per boy. The
first boy wishes for x-ray vision...which he can't control. The second
wishes for their parents to become totally obedient...and they turn into
useless automatons. The third wishes for a "hot car" and gets a stolen
vehicle. Taking pity on them, the leprechaun grants a final wish that
they didn't get the third wish and leaves them.

b: 21-Feb-1986 pc: 23 s: James Crocker

NOTE: This episode is also known as "Three Irish Wishes".


You know, thinking about this brought back a lot of memories of
anthologies I knew from the 80's and early 90's.

Anthology series I loved:
Amazing Stories
Tales from the Darkside
Monsters
Tales from the Crypt
Night Gallery
Friday the 13th: The Series
Freddy's Nightmares

Anthology movies:
Creepshow 1 & 2
Tales from the Darkside: The Movie
The Willies

- Joanne
 
Reply With Quote
 
Film Buff
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
it's on Disc 5 episode 19----------------

On 12 Jan 2005 10:30:28 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I was wondering if anybody could help with this..
>
>I just bought the Season 1 Box Set of the 80's Twilight Zone,
>and I was looking for a particular episode.
>
>
>The show involved 3 kids who all got one wish (or something like that)
>and one of the kids asked to be able to see through
>women's shirts, but then something gets screwed up, then another
>kids wishes that he could tell his parents to do anything he
>wanted. He tells his mom he wants money for some records
>(which means this had to have been an 80's show) and that he
>wants pizza for dinner. Then when the kid gets home, his mom
>is still sitting on the couch and he realizes that he has to tell
>her everything to do in order to make the pizza. (get up, open
>the refrigerator, put it in the stove, etc.)
>
>Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's not on the Twilight
>Zone DVDs, and I checked out TV Tome and looked at the entire
>episode list, but I didn't see it. I also checked out the
>80's Alfred Hitchcock Presents, but it wasn't there either.
>Anyone know at all what am blabbing about? Thanks for any help!


 
Reply With Quote
 
go_widescreen@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
Boy I feel stupid....I found it last night when I was watching
my TZ DVDs. I have no idea how I missed it. I saw it on the
episode menu and thought, "That's not is it?"

It was. I feel better now. Thanks to everyone for their help!


jjmoreta wrote:
> Darrel.Christenson wrote on 1/12/2005 3:10 PM:
> > Marci wrote:
> >
> >> You know, this sounds really familiar. One in particular that

comes
> >> to mind is the episode "It's a Good Life" with Billy Mumy and

Cloris
> >> Leachman.
> >>
> >> "Little Anthony Fremont controls an entire town with his ability

to
> >> read minds and make people do as he wishes. Which is a real good

thing."
> >>
> >> Season 3, originally aired Nov 3, 1961. Does this sound familiar?

> >
> >
> > No, I don't think that's it as that's only 1 kid
> > and the description involves 3 kids...
> >
> > ... but gosh if it doesn't sound famalier too, my
> > memory is of a color episode and they get their
> > wishes from a leprechaun though I don't remember
> > where/how/etc. they found him and I think they
> > hid him in their treehouse for a while and brought
> > him a burger and fries to eat and he didn't care
> > for fast food. hmm...
> >
> >
> > drc
> >

>
> Ding, ding, ding! You are correct. =)
>
> This also sounded REALLY familiar and I found it. You have the right


> series and the right season. How many episodes are in that boxset?
>
> from: http://www.tvtome.com/TwilightZone_1985/guide.html
>
> 47. The Leprechaun Artist
> gs: Bradley Gregg (Richie) Danny Nucci (Buddy)
>
> Vacationing in the United States, an Irish leprechaun is caught by

three
> boys. To be freed, he must grant them three wishes, one per boy. The
> first boy wishes for x-ray vision...which he can't control. The

second
> wishes for their parents to become totally obedient...and they turn

into
> useless automatons. The third wishes for a "hot car" and gets a

stolen
> vehicle. Taking pity on them, the leprechaun grants a final wish that


> they didn't get the third wish and leaves them.
>
> b: 21-Feb-1986 pc: 23 s: James Crocker
>
> NOTE: This episode is also known as "Three Irish Wishes".
>
>
> You know, thinking about this brought back a lot of memories of
> anthologies I knew from the 80's and early 90's.
>
> Anthology series I loved:
> Amazing Stories
> Tales from the Darkside
> Monsters
> Tales from the Crypt
> Night Gallery
> Friday the 13th: The Series
> Freddy's Nightmares
>
> Anthology movies:
> Creepshow 1 & 2
> Tales from the Darkside: The Movie
> The Willies
>
> - Joanne


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone clustering ASA5000-series boxes with 3000-series VPN concentrators Heath Roberts Cisco 0 10-27-2006 02:45 PM
Anthology Solutions Yellow Machine Terabyte Storage Appli... Silverstrand Front Page News 10 10-05-2005 07:24 AM
2600 series and 1700 series godwill Cisco 4 04-09-2004 08:38 PM
Anthology (George) question yachtboy! DVD Video 2 09-09-2003 11:29 AM
What is the difference between A Series, G Series and S series of Canon Cameras zxcvar Digital Photography 3 09-09-2003 01:30 AM



Advertisments