Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > PAL > NTSC copying

PAL > NTSC copying

DVDfanatico

Is there a way to burn a PAL DVD to NTSC -region code, so I don't have to get
multiregion DVD players for every room in my house?

Thanks for any info.
DVDfanatico
www.KnightLanguages.com
The Foreign Language Supersite

Bratboy

My understanding is Pal/NTSC isnt actually affected by region code it has to
do with the vid format, as Pal n NTSC are slightly diff in size and such.
Just changing the region code won't help as that just prevents viewing in
other regions so just changing from say R2 to R1 or R0(all regions) won't
change the movies format. To do that you would need to use something like
TMpeg to convert Pal to NTSC.. You might try using something like DVDShrink
and make a non region pal disc and see if your player/tv can handle it but
unlikely. I had one old player that was able to put out a viewable Pal
format but image doesnt fill screen like a NTSC ver would of.

"DVDfanatico" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to burn a PAL DVD to NTSC -region code, so I don't have to
> get
> multiregion DVD players for every room in my house?
>
> Thanks for any info.
> DVDfanatico
> www.KnightLanguages.com
> The Foreign Language Supersite

DVDfanatico

Well, one of my players is the Norcent DP-1950 and it plays PAL discs fine but
I haven't been able to find a region hack for it yet.

DVDfanatico
www.KnightLanguages.com
The Foreign Language Supersite

> "Bratboy" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>Date: 12/01/2005 09:35 a.m. Pacific Standard Time
>
>My understanding is Pal/NTSC isnt actually affected by region code it has to
>do with the vid format, as Pal n NTSC are slightly diff in size and such.
>Just changing the region code won't help as that just prevents viewing in
>other regions so just changing from say R2 to R1 or R0(all regions) won't
>change the movies format. To do that you would need to use something like
>TMpeg to convert Pal to NTSC.. You might try using something like DVDShrink
>and make a non region pal disc and see if your player/tv can handle it but
>unlikely. I had one old player that was able to put out a viewable Pal
>format but image doesnt fill screen like a NTSC ver would of.
>
>"DVDfanatico" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there a way to burn a PAL DVD to NTSC -region code, so I don't have to
>> get
>> multiregion DVD players for every room in my house?
>>
>> Thanks for any info.
>> DVDfanatico
>> www.KnightLanguages.com
>> The Foreign Language Supersite

Bratboy

Well it probaly won't work but this thread talks about doing it with the
1800, maybe same steps would work for you its here
http://www.nerd-out.com/forum/viewto...f96567f3b306be .
Can't hurt to at least give it a shot if you havent already tried it.
Cheers

"DVDfanatico" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, one of my players is the Norcent DP-1950 and it plays PAL discs fine
> but
> I haven't been able to find a region hack for it yet.
>
> DVDfanatico
> www.KnightLanguages.com
> The Foreign Language Supersite
>
>> "Bratboy" (E-Mail Removed)
>>Date: 12/01/2005 09:35 a.m. Pacific Standard Time
>>
>>My understanding is Pal/NTSC isnt actually affected by region code it has
>>do with the vid format, as Pal n NTSC are slightly diff in size and such.
>>Just changing the region code won't help as that just prevents viewing in
>>other regions so just changing from say R2 to R1 or R0(all regions) won't
>>change the movies format. To do that you would need to use something like
>>TMpeg to convert Pal to NTSC.. You might try using something like
>>DVDShrink
>>and make a non region pal disc and see if your player/tv can handle it but
>>unlikely. I had one old player that was able to put out a viewable Pal
>>format but image doesnt fill screen like a NTSC ver would of.
>>
>>"DVDfanatico" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Is there a way to burn a PAL DVD to NTSC -region code, so I don't have
>>> get
>>> multiregion DVD players for every room in my house?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any info.
>>> DVDfanatico
>>> www.KnightLanguages.com
>>> The Foreign Language Supersite

Bratboy

Followup. Do you have a multi region burner? By that I mean a computer drive
that can read all regions? If so then use a program called dvdshrink, can
get for free at dvdshrink.org, and just run shrink and tell it to make it
region free. Then use something like nero to burn the DVD. Since your player
handles both Pal & NTSC you just need RP gone.

"Bratboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41e6a5ba$0$41473$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Well it probaly won't work but this thread talks about doing it with the
> 1800, maybe same steps would work for you its here
> http://www.nerd-out.com/forum/viewto...f96567f3b306be .
> Can't hurt to at least give it a shot if you havent already tried it.
> Cheers
>
> "DVDfanatico" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well, one of my players is the Norcent DP-1950 and it plays PAL discs
>> fine but
>> I haven't been able to find a region hack for it yet.
>>
>> DVDfanatico
>> www.KnightLanguages.com
>> The Foreign Language Supersite
>>
>>> "Bratboy" (E-Mail Removed)
>>>Date: 12/01/2005 09:35 a.m. Pacific Standard Time
>>>
>>>My understanding is Pal/NTSC isnt actually affected by region code it has
>>>do with the vid format, as Pal n NTSC are slightly diff in size and such.
>>>Just changing the region code won't help as that just prevents viewing in
>>>other regions so just changing from say R2 to R1 or R0(all regions) won't
>>>change the movies format. To do that you would need to use something like
>>>TMpeg to convert Pal to NTSC.. You might try using something like
>>>DVDShrink
>>>and make a non region pal disc and see if your player/tv can handle it
>>>but
>>>unlikely. I had one old player that was able to put out a viewable Pal
>>>format but image doesnt fill screen like a NTSC ver would of.
>>>
>>>"DVDfanatico" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

How can you tell if a copied DVD is Pal or NTSC? Jim Swan Computer Support 2 09-25-2004 06:36 PM
Can NTSC Camcorder be viewed through a multi-system VCR on a PAL TV? amer Computer Support 2 02-01-2004 12:33 PM
How to check whether VCD is Pal or NTSC?? Bummer Computer Support 3 01-06-2004 03:49 PM
NTSC-PAL-NTSC question You DVD Video 4 12-17-2003 08:40 PM
Convert NTSC videos to PAL format David Wood Computer Support 0 11-17-2003 09:34 PM

Advertisments