Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > nero dvd

nero dvd

Toonfan4eva0210

i created a dvd from a movie file i had on my pc but it wont work in a dvd
player just on my xbox anyone know why and wot is the best software for making
dvd from movie files

Dan P.

"Toonfan4eva0210" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i created a dvd from a movie file i had on my pc but it wont work in a dvd
> player just on my xbox anyone know why and wot is the best software for
> making
> dvd from movie files

Can you tell me how you did it? I've actually been trying to figure out how
to convert some of my AVI and MPG files to DVD using Nero, and I just can't
see how to do it. I must be blind or something. The only program that
looks close in the suite that came with my DVD Recorder (version 6) is Nero
Vision Express. I'm sure there must be software out there that converts
video files to VOB, but I'd really like to have menus as well.

Dan

Lunaray

NeroVision will do it! Not sure what version of Nero you're using, but I
just purchased Nero 6 Ultra and all I have to do is select "Create
DVD-Video" from the program selector (StartSmart), which opens NeroVision,
then I add the video file and follow the steps! You can create your own
menus, add backgrounds & background music to them, customize the buttons
etc. It's actually pretty easy! There are lots of other Authoring programs
too that will do it! Up until about a month ago, I had no idea how to do
any of this stuff, but I asked a lot of questions around the Newsgroups and
a lot of nice people got me started. Here's a link that might give you a
place to begin: http://www.videohelp.com/

Good luck!

Ray

Reid1boys

if it plays on xbox and not your dvd player it is likely that you have created
your dvd on a disk typr(dvd+r or something else) that is not compatible with
your stand alone dvd player.

I have a Tosiba sd3109 dvd player that I bought in 99 and it will not play ANY
dvd that is burned.

Playstation has no problem though.