Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Help: Camcorder s-video to DVD external Please

Help: Camcorder s-video to DVD external Please

Harpocrates

I haven't any experience with burning DVD's and my father is having a
problem copying videos from a digital camcorder to an HP DC5000
external DVD (s-video to s-video).

I have not seen any of the actual attempts so there may be gaps. I
assume there must be a method of instructing the HP to start recording
upon receipt of an s-video signal. I'm told that is not so obvious.

To my knowledge he is using both DVD+R and DVD+RW media.

Questions:

1. Is it possible to do this without the use of a video capture
card without going through the PC?

2. Any recommendations for DVD software that will enable a
successful transfer? It's not clear the HP software will permit this.
Why I can't imagine.

Thanks in advance.