Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Toshiba SD-3006 RIP

Toshiba SD-3006 RIP

Matthew L. Martin

My SD-3006 was purchased in April, 1997 and up until now, has been my
primary DVD player. It still loads and plays but about an hour into any
DVD it starts locking up. The same DVDs play fine in the replacement
player (Toshiba SD-49000).

I suppose that I could get the 3006 repaired as it is probably just an
alignment problem. The SD-4900 cost 1/10 of the price of the SD-3006 and
that's almost certainly less than the repair charge would be.

Matthew (almost 8 years, I can't complain)

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game

Joe S

Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> My SD-3006 was purchased in April, 1997 and up until now, has been my
> primary DVD player. It still loads and plays but about an hour into any
> DVD it starts locking up. The same DVDs play fine in the replacement
> player (Toshiba SD-49000).
>
> I suppose that I could get the 3006 repaired as it is probably just an
> alignment problem. The SD-4900 cost 1/10 of the price of the SD-3006 and
> that's almost certainly less than the repair charge would be.
>
> Matthew (almost 8 years, I can't complain)

RIP.

I pawned off my 3107 from Fall of '97 on a friend a couple of years ago.
He still has it.

Joe