Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Verbatim 16x durability

Verbatim 16x durability

Roguetech

I've just gotten a DVD burner and a load of Verbatim DVD+R 16x DVD's, but
am having problems with getting scratches. I treat my CD-Rs like crap and
only occasionaly have a problem, but have been real gentle with the DVDs
and I get errors from scratches that aren't even visible. Is this a problem
with DVD recordables in general, or did I pick crappy disks? Any
recommendations on reasonably durable disks?

Thanks,
Roguetech

Joe S

Roguetech wrote:
> I've just gotten a DVD burner and a load of Verbatim DVD+R 16x DVD's, but
> am having problems with getting scratches. I treat my CD-Rs like crap and
> only occasionaly have a problem, but have been real gentle with the DVDs
> and I get errors from scratches that aren't even visible. Is this a problem
> with DVD recordables in general, or did I pick crappy disks? Any
> recommendations on reasonably durable disks?
>
> Thanks,
> Roguetech

Are you just calling them scratches because they don't play right?

Try burning at a lower speed. There's some trial and error involved with
matching a burner to media to burn speed.

Joe

Patrick Michael

"Roguetech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41dfa61d$0$93352$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just gotten a DVD burner and a load of Verbatim DVD+R 16x DVD's, but
> am having problems with getting scratches. I treat my CD-Rs like crap and
> only occasionaly have a problem, but have been real gentle with the DVDs
> and I get errors from scratches that aren't even visible. Is this a
> problem
> with DVD recordables in general, or did I pick crappy disks? Any
> recommendations on reasonably durable disks?

16x is still pretty new. You might try burning at 8x or lower. I've had no
problems at 8x, but that's the max for my drive.