Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Rosencranz & Guildenstern Are Dead - March 22nd!

Reply
Thread Tools

Rosencranz & Guildenstern Are Dead - March 22nd!

 
 
Jordan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-07-2005
I just got the Amazon notification... what great news... This was one
of the last flicks I wanted on DVD that had yet to be released...

Now all I need are the Blade Runner special edition and Max Headroom
and my head a-splode!

- Jordan

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ed Kim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-07-2005

Jordan wrote:
> I just got the Amazon notification... what great news... This was one
> of the last flicks I wanted on DVD that had yet to be released...
>
> Now all I need are the Blade Runner special edition and Max Headroom
> and my head a-splode!
>
> - Jordan


YES!!!11!! now i can dump my awful R4 PAL dvd.....

-goro-

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
lew@csus_abcdefg.edu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-07-2005
Jordan wrote:
> I just got the Amazon notification... what great news... This was one
> of the last flicks I wanted on DVD that had yet to be released...
>
> Now all I need are the Blade Runner special edition and Max Headroom
> and my head a-splode!
>
> - Jordan
>


Any other info on what's on the DVD other than R&G? I'm guessing that
the quality of R&G dvd would be better than that of the televised version
that I recorded...?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jordan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-07-2005

lew@csus_abcdefg.edu wrote:

> Any other info on what's on the DVD other than R&G? I'm guessing

that
> the quality of R&G dvd would be better than that of the televised

version
> that I recorded...?


The Amazon link has very little real information. It's rated PG and
it's in color, WOO! I expect we'll have more info when real DVD release
sits get the info.

- Jordan

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ed Kim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-07-2005

Jordan wrote:
> lew@csus_abcdefg.edu wrote:
>
> > Any other info on what's on the DVD other than R&G? I'm guessing

> that
> > the quality of R&G dvd would be better than that of the televised

> version
> > that I recorded...?

>
> The Amazon link has very little real information. It's rated PG and
> it's in color, WOO! I expect we'll have more info when real DVD

release
> sits get the info.
>
> - Jordan


my PAL dvd (if that's anythng to go on) is 4:3 with no extras and no
insert. mediocre picture quality. better than vhs recorded off tv,
though!

i'll guess that it'll be a barebones release, but i can hope. You'd've
thot they would've released it in conjunction with SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE.
-goro-

 
Reply With Quote
 
lew@csus_abcdefg.edu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-07-2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>, Jordan wrote:
>
> lew@csus_abcdefg.edu wrote:
>
>> Any other info on what's on the DVD other than R&G? I'm guessing

> that
>> the quality of R&G dvd would be better than that of the televised

> version
>> that I recorded...?

>
> The Amazon link has very little real information. It's rated PG and
> it's in color, WOO! I expect we'll have more info when real DVD release
> sits get the info.
>
> - Jordan
>


Color! My recording is in black & white from Encore.

hmmmmm, I saw the tail end of a colored R&G on Showtime; think I'll
setup to record it again while I'm still getting the free 2 months
of Showtime from Comcast & compare. Nice that dvd-r blanks are so
cheap now (off brand that is, the 7-cent ea works well).
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ed Kim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-08-2005

lew@csus_abcdefg.edu wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,

Jordan wrote:
> >
> > lew@csus_abcdefg.edu wrote:
> >
> >> Any other info on what's on the DVD other than R&G? I'm guessing

> > that
> >> the quality of R&G dvd would be better than that of the televised

> > version
> >> that I recorded...?

> >
> > The Amazon link has very little real information. It's rated PG and
> > it's in color, WOO! I expect we'll have more info when real DVD

release
> > sits get the info.
> >
> > - Jordan
> >

>
> Color! My recording is in black & white from Encore.
>
> hmmmmm, I saw the tail end of a colored R&G on Showtime; think I'll
> setup to record it again while I'm still getting the free 2 months
> of Showtime from Comcast & compare. Nice that dvd-r blanks are so
> cheap now (off brand that is, the 7-cent ea works well).


are DVD-Rs really that cheap? 7cents each is like buying a 100 spool
for $7! that's just insane.... isn't that cheaper than CDRs?

i thot i got a great deal at BestBuy when i bot TDK 8x DVD+Rs for $9.99
for 25pack.

-goro-

 
Reply With Quote
 
lew@csus_abcdefg.edu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-08-2005
Ed Kim wrote:
>
> lew@csus_abcdefg.edu wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,

> Jordan wrote:
>> >
>> > lew@csus_abcdefg.edu wrote:
>> >
>> >> Any other info on what's on the DVD other than R&G? I'm guessing
>> > that
>> >> the quality of R&G dvd would be better than that of the televised
>> > version
>> >> that I recorded...?
>> >
>> > The Amazon link has very little real information. It's rated PG and
>> > it's in color, WOO! I expect we'll have more info when real DVD

> release
>> > sits get the info.
>> >
>> > - Jordan
>> >

>>
>> Color! My recording is in black & white from Encore.
>>
>> hmmmmm, I saw the tail end of a colored R&G on Showtime; think I'll
>> setup to record it again while I'm still getting the free 2 months
>> of Showtime from Comcast & compare. Nice that dvd-r blanks are so
>> cheap now (off brand that is, the 7-cent ea works well).

>
> are DVD-Rs really that cheap? 7cents each is like buying a 100 spool
> for $7! that's just insane.... isn't that cheaper than CDRs?
>
> i thot i got a great deal at BestBuy when i bot TDK 8x DVD+Rs for $9.99
> for 25pack.
>
> -goro-
>


Depending where you are & whether you are close to a Fry's, you can check
their website, "www.outpost.com" or the local paper's Fry's adverts for
sales each week (wed, fri & sun are the best days for Fry's adverts).

Fry's "brand" GQ of dvd-r was at $7.75 for 25 & $6.00 rebate is now over
for the time being. Still 8x of 25 dvd-r at $7.50 (current) isn't bad
either. Your TDK is a decent buy/sale but the $7.75 is the regular price
at Fry's (I think). It's one reason I get the Sunday paper....

Prices of dvd-r/dvd+r looks to be dropping faster now. Heck, even the
lcd monitors are dropping in price, at least with rebates.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Joe S
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-08-2005
Ed Kim wrote:
> lew@csus_abcdefg.edu wrote:
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,

>
> Jordan wrote:
>
>>>lew@csus_abcdefg.edu wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Any other info on what's on the DVD other than R&G? I'm guessing
>>>
>>>that
>>>
>>>>the quality of R&G dvd would be better than that of the televised
>>>
>>>version
>>>
>>>>that I recorded...?
>>>
>>>The Amazon link has very little real information. It's rated PG and
>>>it's in color, WOO! I expect we'll have more info when real DVD

>
> release
>
>>>sits get the info.
>>>
>>>- Jordan
>>>

>>
>>Color! My recording is in black & white from Encore.
>>
>>hmmmmm, I saw the tail end of a colored R&G on Showtime; think I'll
>>setup to record it again while I'm still getting the free 2 months
>>of Showtime from Comcast & compare. Nice that dvd-r blanks are so
>>cheap now (off brand that is, the 7-cent ea works well).

>
>
> are DVD-Rs really that cheap? 7cents each is like buying a 100 spool
> for $7! that's just insane.... isn't that cheaper than CDRs?
>
> i thot i got a great deal at BestBuy when i bot TDK 8x DVD+Rs for $9.99
> for 25pack.
>
> -goro-
>




Check out 100pk 4x DVD-R for $20, free shipping. http://www.thetechgeek.com

I've had good success with them.


Joe
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camera Owners of the Bay Area (COBA) March meeting this Wednesday,March 12, 2008 jcdill@gmail.com Digital Photography 0 03-10-2008 03:19 PM
Dead TCP/IP Stack = DEAD VISTA !! Skybuck Flying Windows 64bit 15 09-23-2007 07:54 PM
IAS customer web chat March 29 kapil [MSFT] Wireless Networking 0 03-28-2005 07:50 PM
[ICCIMA'05] Final Call for Papers; Due Date March 10, 2005 avinash VHDL 0 03-05-2005 10:10 PM
Dead... the damn thing's dead... David Dean Computer Support 9 01-30-2004 02:54 AM



Advertisments