Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Phantom Menance DVD

Phantom Menance DVD

Patrick Michael

OK, well this was by far my least favorite star wars movie so I passed on
buying it originally. But after getting AoTC and the original trilogy, I
wanted to 'complete' my SW collection (at least until Revenge of the Sith
comes out on DVD). I figured since the DVD was released 3+ years ago, it
would probably be under $10 on half.com by now. To my surprise, it's going
for over $20! Some people are asking as much as $35-40! Looks like the
cheapest price according to DVDPriceSearch is $15 from Best Buy.

So what's the deal? Is Lucas re-releasing it in a new version soon and
this one is going out of print? I'd really just like to get a used version
for under $10 if possible. I guess I might just have to go the ebay route.

Patrick Michael

"Derek Janssen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newscqDd.47543$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Ep. 1 & 2 went OOP last January, IIRC--
>
> Don't know what the future plans are for reapparance (I smell boxset, as
> soon as Ep. 3 comes out), but as for now, you should have no probs finding
> half a dozen used copies of either at any local mall game/software
> store...
>
> Derek Janssen (their demographic audience was *particularly* unforgiving)

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll probably just go that route.

Derek Janssen

Patrick Michael wrote:

> OK, well this was by far my least favorite star wars movie so I passed on
> buying it originally. But after getting AoTC and the original trilogy, I
> wanted to 'complete' my SW collection (at least until Revenge of the Sith
> comes out on DVD). I figured since the DVD was released 3+ years ago, it
> would probably be under $10 on half.com by now. To my surprise, it's going
> for over $20! Some people are asking as much as $35-40! Looks like the
> cheapest price according to DVDPriceSearch is $15 from Best Buy.
>
> So what's the deal? Is Lucas re-releasing it in a new version soon and
> this one is going out of print? I'd really just like to get a used version
> for under $10 if possible. I guess I might just have to go the ebay route.

Ep. 1 & 2 went OOP last January, IIRC--

Don't know what the future plans are for reapparance (I smell boxset, as
soon as Ep. 3 comes out), but as for now, you should have no probs
finding half a dozen used copies of either at any local mall
game/software store...

Derek Janssen (their demographic audience was *particularly* unforgiving)
(E-Mail Removed)

Debbie Proctor

"Patrick Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> OK, well this was by far my least favorite star wars movie so I passed on
> buying it originally. But after getting AoTC and the original trilogy, I
> wanted to 'complete' my SW collection (at least until Revenge of the Sith
> comes out on DVD). I figured since the DVD was released 3+ years ago, it
> would probably be under $10 on half.com by now. To my surprise, it's
> going for over $20! Some people are asking as much as $35-40! Looks like
> the cheapest price according to DVDPriceSearch is $15 from Best Buy.
>
> So what's the deal? Is Lucas re-releasing it in a new version soon and
> this one is going out of print? I'd really just like to get a used
> version for under $10 if possible. I guess I might just have to go the
> ebay route.

Starwars.com has it in stock.

http://shop.starwars.com/Category/Ca...?categoryid=35

Deborah Proctor
(E-Mail Removed)

Patrick Michael

"Debbie Proctor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ltGDd.476$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...

> Starwars.com has it in stock.
>
> http://shop.starwars.com/Category/Ca...?categoryid=35

Yea, but for $30. It definitely isn't worth that to me. It's not that it's
hard to find, it's just that it seems to be surprisingly expensive at many
retailers...even for a used copy. Thanks for the link though.

Omarichu

>So what's the deal? Is Lucas re-releasing it in a new version soon and
>this one is going out of print? I'd really just like to get a used version
>for under $10 if possible. I guess I might just have to go the ebay route.

Yeah, that's worth saving five dollars. Jump off a cliff, worthless.

Patrick Michael

"Omarichu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Yeah, that's worth saving five dollars. Jump off a cliff, worthless.

You're the AOLer who has nothing better to do on a Friday night than troll
newsgroups. I think I'd question who is "worthless" in this instance.
PLONK.