Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > When will "Glen and Randa" (1971) be released on DVD?

When will "Glen and Randa" (1971) be released on DVD?

Matthew Montchalin

Does anybody know if there is a source for getting the 1971 nuclear
holocaust film "Glen and Randa" on DVD? In case I misspelled the
name of the title, it is an early film by Director Jim McBride
about a handful of people that take off in quest of a mythical sea,
and they find an old phonograph that plays a vinyl record by the
Rolling Stones - "Time Is On My Side" - but the player doesn't seem
to have enough electricity, so it is played at 3/4 speed, or something
like that. (??) I'm mostly curious about this obscure old movie
because of the sound track, and the unusual take on the Rolling Stones
standard. The plot apparently has the characters coming along and
discovering the phonograph player, and then they learn to sing the song
at the wrong speed, which I take to be similar to a funeral dirge of
some kind.

Are there any other movies out there that misplay famous songs
at a slow speed?