Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Panasonic DMR-E55 & DMR-E85H

Panasonic DMR-E55 & DMR-E85H

Joe

Any and all reviews and opinions on these 2 machines much appreciated

- Joe

Eric

Hello I have the DMR E55 and it has the same dvd drive as the E85h model and
the only difference is that the E85H has a harddisc drive built in it. As
far as features they are both the same as well except again the E85 model
has a harddrive and a feature that lets you transfer stuff from your
harddrive to a disc. I would reccommend it espically if your transferrring
vhs tapes to dvd since it has a built in Time Base Corrector and believe me
it really works wonders for tapes.

Eric
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any and all reviews and opinions on these 2 machines much appreciated
>
> - Joe

Norm

Eric, I just got my E85H for xmas and have just done a few recordings of
shows I watch weekly using the TV Guide. I plan to start copying my vhs
tapes to dvd, what is the Time Base Corrector and what about it works
wonders for tapes?

"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hello I have the DMR E55 and it has the same dvd drive as the E85h model and
the only difference is that the E85H has a harddisc drive built in it. As
far as features they are both the same as well except again the E85 model
has a harddrive and a feature that lets you transfer stuff from your
harddrive to a disc. I would reccommend it espically if your transferrring
vhs tapes to dvd since it has a built in Time Base Corrector and believe me
it really works wonders for tapes.

Eric
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any and all reviews and opinions on these 2 machines much appreciated
>
> - Joe

Jon Purkey

On 03 Jan 2005 05:42:00 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Joe) wrote:

>Any and all reviews and opinions on these 2 machines much appreciated

If you can afford it get the E85. You will be able to record more
programs to the hard drive without needing to swap discs. And you will
also be able to edit programs (remove the commercials) before copying
them to DVD-R. You can edit on the E55 too, but only with DVD-RAM
discs. While DVD-RAM is a great format for time shift recording it is
not an economical or very compatible format for long term storage of
programs.

-
-Jon Purkey - <(E-Mail Removed))