Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Regards Netflix Pacing, I don't want to start a flame, but .....

Regards Netflix Pacing, I don't want to start a flame, but .....

Gary

My weekly average is down to 4, over the past two weeks, and I'm expecting
that to drop further. They are definitely pacing ME! Anyone who has been
doing 5-6 a week, for months, has got to see their average go down, like me.
I can't speak for everyone in this ng, because there aren't enough
subscribers here to have a meaningful survey, but it sure would be
appreciated if a Netflix employee would finally pipe in with the truth. Its
just a simple algorithm in the scheduling program. But most workers there
must be clued in. If it drops much more, maybe I can upgrade to 6 a week and
be back to where I started.

kaydigi

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> My weekly average is down to 4, over the past two weeks, and I'm expecting
> that to drop further. They are definitely pacing ME! Anyone who has been
> doing 5-6 a week, for months, has got to see their average go down, like
> me.
> I can't speak for everyone in this ng, because there aren't enough
> subscribers here to have a meaningful survey, but it sure would be
> appreciated if a Netflix employee would finally pipe in with the truth.
> Its
> just a simple algorithm in the scheduling program. But most workers there
> must be clued in. If it drops much more, maybe I can upgrade to 6 a week
> and
> be back to where I started.

Experienced heavy slowdown during the last 2 weeks, but you have to chalk it
up to the holidays. I was still able to receive new releases like Anchorman
( only watched it for 10 mins then sent it back).

A few other things happened, they started sending series disk out of order
even though they are in stock and in order in my queue. Also disk received
by them wouldn't ship until the next day.

I'll monitor closely during this month though.

Tarkus

On 1/2/2005 9:13:03 PM, Gary wrote:

> My weekly average is down to 4, over the past two weeks, and I'm
> expecting that to drop further. They are definitely pacing ME!

Yeah, it couldn't possibly the holidays. Even though ALL mail slows down
during the holiday season, that wouldn't affect Netflix.
--
"Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Now playing: "Johnson - Cliffs of Dover"

Bratboy

Yup, need to wait n see if still bad a week or 2 into Jan. Holidays really
screw with the mail. Personally I havent had any problems so far. Which pkg
do you have as maybe that has an effect too. I have the 5 out deal and
usually I always get new discs within 2 days of mailing my old ones back so
far.Usually goes something like Mail disc back on 26th, recieved by them on
27th and get mssg next disc shipping on the 27th and arrives on 28th. I'll
keep an eye on it tho and report back if actually notice a rreal slowdown
but think the xmas mail was culprit for slower deliveries past few weeks.

"Tarkus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)9.com...
> On 1/2/2005 9:13:03 PM, Gary wrote:
>
>> My weekly average is down to 4, over the past two weeks, and I'm
>> expecting that to drop further. They are definitely pacing ME!

> Yeah, it couldn't possibly the holidays. Even though ALL mail slows down
> during the holiday season, that wouldn't affect Netflix.
> --
> "Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun."
>
> Now playing: "Johnson - Cliffs of Dover"

netflixfanatic@yahoo.com

Alot of people got gift subscriptions to Netflix for Christmas, so I
would expect a surge in memberships in January, which could slow down
service for a while, until area distribution centers adjust.

Listology.com has a Netflix Tracker which is gathering data from
willing participants to prove once and for all what turnaround time
from Netflix actually is. You can view the reports anonymously without
signing in:

http://listology.com/netflix_tracker...ound_by_center

Listologists are interested in proving or disproving whether Netflix is
indeed "pacing" disc use, but they need more data. You can help them
out.

Becky
Netflixfan.com

Gary

Yeah its always some excuse but I have factored in the holidays. They use
the old trick of getting a return and not officially reporting it
immediately. Let a day go by, etc. Then they will sometimes ship late and
that might push the DVD another day into your hands. I was being kind, but
they have been pacing more heavily throughout December.

Ok, its a new year. I'll cut them some slack. Let's see what my average is
in the next few weeks.

On 1/3/2005 9:54:09 AM, Gary wrote:

> Yeah its always some excuse but I have factored in the holidays. They
> use the old trick of getting a return and not officially reporting it
> immediately. Let a day go by, etc. Then they will sometimes ship late
> and that might push the DVD another day into your hands. I was being
> kind, but they have been pacing more heavily throughout December.

You're right -- you should cancel your Netflix account.
--
"She's hideous! She's got a face that would scatter a leper colony.
You gotta look at her through a box with a little hole in it."

Now playing: "- 2112"

Reginald Dwight

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

> Listologists are interested in proving or disproving whether Netflix is
> indeed "pacing" disc use, but they need more data.

And better science.

Andrew

Gary wrote:

> My weekly average is down to 4, over the past two weeks, and I'm expecting
> that to drop further. They are definitely pacing ME! Anyone who has been
> doing 5-6 a week, for months, has got to see their average go down, like me.
> I can't speak for everyone in this ng, because there aren't enough
> subscribers here to have a meaningful survey, but it sure would be
> appreciated if a Netflix employee would finally pipe in with the truth. Its
> just a simple algorithm in the scheduling program. But most workers there
> must be clued in. If it drops much more, maybe I can upgrade to 6 a week and
> be back to where I started.

The trolls are going to come out from under the bridge on
this one...

I have noticed that in the past few weeks that service has
gotten faster with Netflix. Turnaround time at the Carol
Stream, IL distribution centre, seems to me, to be at the
fastest it has ever been.

Andrew

Gary

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The trolls are going to come out from under the bridge on
> this one...
>
> I have noticed that in the past few weeks that service has
> gotten faster with Netflix. Turnaround time at the Carol
> Stream, IL distribution centre, seems to me, to be at the
> fastest it has ever been.
>
> Andrew

How many people are on the basic plan who were doing 6 a week, for months,
and are now getting less? That's the issue!