Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > HELP!!! Question about HP monitor F2304 23"

HELP!!! Question about HP monitor F2304 23"

Edward Holub

Hey folks,
I've been bitten by the widescreen fever. For years I've been using the
Samsung 170MP computer monitor as a television. You can't beat the sharp
clear picture.
Recently, the Sharp LC26GA4U widescreen television impressed me.
Then, I saw the HP F2304 23" multimedia computer monitor at CompUSA.
They were nice enough to hook up a DVD player to it. Every DVD played, no
matter what aspect ratio, the image was squeezed horizontally so that each
human looked short and fat. No one at the store could figure out how to fix
the problem.
Does anyone know what needs to be done to make the image look normal?
Thanks.
Eddie

The One

"Edward Holub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsgVBd.43169$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey folks,
> I've been bitten by the widescreen fever. For years I've been using
> the
> Samsung 170MP computer monitor as a television. You can't beat the sharp
> clear picture.
> Recently, the Sharp LC26GA4U widescreen television impressed me.
> Then, I saw the HP F2304 23" multimedia computer monitor at CompUSA.
> They were nice enough to hook up a DVD player to it. Every DVD played, no
> matter what aspect ratio, the image was squeezed horizontally so that each
> human looked short and fat. No one at the store could figure out how to
> fix
> the problem.
> Does anyone know what needs to be done to make the image look normal?
> Thanks.
> Eddie

There has to be a menu which gives the option to chage the aspect ratio, if
there isnt take it back. assuming you dont have a manual which would tell
you the answer here are some online info which may help.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/m...&lang=en&cc=us

Thor

most likely the DVD player's output settings were incorrect for the wide
aspect ratio, or there was a compatibility issue between the player and the
monitor. Hard to say for usre without being there to see the monitor and DVD
player's adjustments.