Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > For those that hate Blockbuster Video

For those that hate Blockbuster Video

Joe Blow

(1) Rent your favorite films wherever you can get them as cheaply as
possible, even if it sometimes means shelling out $5 at Blockbuster.
Me, I'm lucky enough to have nearby video store (which is run by jive
ass retards who don't know **** all about movies; they also sell
video games and cellphones, so you have a mental picture of the
clientele) which rents out DVDs for $1 on weeknights.

(2) Buy yourself a stack of blank DVDs. You should be able to
get a stack of 50 from a reputable manufacturer for no more
than $25, including shipping.

(3) Go to ebay and procure yourself a hundred or so blank DVD cases
(that have plastic on the cover for slipping in cover art)

(3) Download a program like DVDdecrypter or DVDshrink to rip
and burn your rented DVDs.

(4) Go to cdcovers.cc or an analogous site to get the DVD cover art
and CD image. Or scan the DVD cover yourself if you need to, if
your video store is kind enough to let you go home with a legitimate
DVD case.

....and voila, you have your own DVD for the rest of your life. If you
can rent a DVD for $2.50, say, then apart from the bit of time involved
I'd say you can have your favorite DVD for a price of less than $3.50.

God bless bittorrent and the codebreakers of the world. Oh yeah, screw
Blockbuster.

JB

Urra Dipschitt

In article <fFJBd.47924$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Joe Blow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> God bless bittorrent and the codebreakers of the world. Oh yeah, screw
> Blockbuster.

Oh, yeah...and **** the artists whose blood, sweat, and tears bring you
all these film you've just ripped off.

Joe Blow - you are a ****.

Aphelion

> Joe Blow - you are a ****.

I second that. A steaming infected one at that.

Aphelion

Joe Blow

Urra Dipschitt wrote:
> In article <fFJBd.47924$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Joe Blow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>God bless bittorrent and the codebreakers of the world. Oh yeah, screw
>>Blockbuster.

> Oh, yeah...and **** the artists whose blood, sweat, and tears bring you
> all these film you've just ripped off.
>
> Joe Blow - you are a ****.

Why? A video was rented. Never burned a CD or made a tape for
anyone, eh? What's that? You have? Then **** off and die you
bloody hypocrite. You've been aced. Now shut the **** up.

JB

Mike Kohary

Joe Blow wrote:
> Urra Dipschitt wrote:
>> In article <fFJBd.47924$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Joe Blow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> God bless bittorrent and the codebreakers of the world. Oh yeah,
>>> screw Blockbuster.

>> Oh, yeah...and **** the artists whose blood, sweat, and tears bring
>> you all these film you've just ripped off.
>>
>> Joe Blow - you are a ****.

> Why? A video was rented.

You have no right to copy it.

> Never burned a CD or made a tape for
> anyone, eh? What's that? You have? Then **** off and die you
> bloody hypocrite. You've been aced. Now shut the **** up.

A transparent attempt to deflect responsibility, while avoiding the real
issue. Your suggestion stunk, and doesn't hurt Blockbuster at all - it does
hurt the originating artists who created the work.

Albert Einstein

Joe Blow wrote:
> Urra Dipschitt wrote:
>
>> In article <fFJBd.47924$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Joe Blow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>> God bless bittorrent and the codebreakers of the world. Oh yeah,
>>> screw Blockbuster.

>> Oh, yeah...and **** the artists whose blood, sweat, and tears bring
>> you all these film you've just ripped off.
>>
>> Joe Blow - you are a ****.

> Why? A video was rented. Never burned a CD or made a tape for
> anyone, eh? What's that? You have? Then **** off and die you
> bloody hypocrite. You've been aced. Now shut the **** up.
>
> JB

Guess what, JB. Most people here have done that. The difference here is
that we learned that it is wrong and want to support the folks that make
films. Don't come here and try to justify your bad behavior with others
past bad behavior. You have been aced! By the way I just got my point
across without vulgarity, unlike you, you unintelligent thief.

Einstein

Joe Blow

Mike Kohary wrote:
> Joe Blow wrote:
>>Urra Dipschitt wrote:

>>>Oh, yeah...and **** the artists whose blood, sweat, and tears bring
>>>you all these film you've just ripped off.
>>>
>>>Joe Blow - you are a ****.

>>Why? A video was rented.

> You have no right to copy it.

Uh huh. What we have here is another hypocrite, this time named
Mike Kohary, who implicitly claims he's never copied anything -- music,
movies, tv programs, or otherwise -- for his own use or for anyone else
in his entire life. Give it up pal. You know you're a liar if you
say otherwise, and I never claimed to suggest anything legal according
to Hoyle, if that's your game.

>>Never burned a CD or made a tape for
>>anyone, eh? What's that? You have? Then **** off and die you
>>bloody hypocrite. You've been aced. Now shut the **** up.

> A transparent attempt to deflect responsibility, while avoiding the real
> issue. Your suggestion stunk, and doesn't hurt Blockbuster at all - it does
> hurt the originating artists who created the work.

Spoken like a true shill for the industry, who undoubtedly would like to
see blank CD/DVD media outlawed and who would love to charge your sorry
ass $10 per rental for the convenience of being able to take it home.

Besides, the main point is that if you, your friends, or anyone else
goes to Blockbuster, and you share your copy of the film with them
instead, or if you avoid repeat rentals, then you ARE hurting
Blockbuster, you dumb ****.

JB

Joe Blow

Albert Einstein wrote:
> Guess what, JB. Most people here have done that. The difference here is
> that we learned that it is wrong and want to support the folks that make

Heh heh heh...oh yeah? And just how did you edumacate yourself about
how "wrong" it was? Somebody threatened to sue your ass? Or is it
that, like many here, you appear to be a shill for the movie industry?
Do they pay you guys to creep around here or something? No wait...we're
supposed to believe that your therapist convinced you about the evil
of your ways, right?

> films. Don't come here and try to justify your bad behavior with others
> past bad behavior. You have been aced! By the way I just got my point
> across without vulgarity, unlike you, you unintelligent thief.

Albert, you paved the way for nuclear weaponry, so shut your dumb ass
up and refrain from giving anybody lectures on morality.

JB

Joe Blow

Aphelion wrote:

>>Joe Blow - you are a ****.

> I second that. A steaming infected one at that.
>

> Aphelion

Hey dipshit, guess what? No more late fees at Blockbuster!
It's over...it's over...it's over...it's like so beautifal
maaaannnnn.....so hurry your sorry deluded butt over to the
"new Blockbuster!" Rent rent rent with America's favorite
monopoly! Whooopeeeeee

JB

luminos

"Joe Blow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:F8MBd.36469$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mike Kohary wrote:
>> Joe Blow wrote:

>>>Why? A video was rented.

>> You have no right to copy it.

> Uh huh. What we have here is another hypocrite, this time named
> Mike Kohary, who implicitly claims he's never copied anything -- music,
> movies, tv programs, or otherwise -- for his own use or for anyone else
> in his entire life. Give it up pal. You know you're a liar if you
> say otherwise, and I never claimed to suggest anything legal according
> to Hoyle, if that's your game.
>

>>>Never burned a CD or made a tape for
>>>anyone, eh? What's that? You have? Then **** off and die you
>>>bloody hypocrite. You've been aced. Now shut the **** up.

>> A transparent attempt to deflect responsibility, while avoiding the real
>> issue. Your suggestion stunk, and doesn't hurt Blockbuster at all - it
>> does hurt the originating artists who created the work.

> Spoken like a true shill for the industry, who undoubtedly would like to
> see blank CD/DVD media outlawed and who would love to charge your sorry
> ass $10 per rental for the convenience of being able to take it home.
>
> Besides, the main point is that if you, your friends, or anyone else
> goes to Blockbuster, and you share your copy of the film with them
> instead, or if you avoid repeat rentals, then you ARE hurting Blockbuster,
> you dumb ****.
>
> JB

I will be happy to copy your work and take all profits from you. Just
email.