Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD PACIFIC

DVD PACIFIC

andrew.upton4

Has anyone in England used www.dvdpacific.com/ ?
Are they any good ?
How long is their shipping time ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P Pron

andrew.upton4 wrote:
> Has anyone in England used www.dvdpacific.com/ ?
> Are they any good ?
> How long is their shipping time ?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes - they're excellent. Neck and neck with DVDSoon on prices, but they're
really quick, and give personal replies to email queries almost by return
whereas DVDSoon can be slow and infuriatingly silent.

I always use their cheapest postage, and seldom wait more than a week.

hth & hny
paul

Ed Kim

P Pron wrote:
> andrew.upton4 wrote:
> > Has anyone in England used www.dvdpacific.com/ ?
> > Are they any good ?
> > How long is their shipping time ?
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Yes - they're excellent. Neck and neck with DVDSoon on prices, but

they're
> really quick, and give personal replies to email queries almost by

return
> whereas DVDSoon can be slow and infuriatingly silent.
>
> I always use their cheapest postage, and seldom wait more than a

week.

> hth & hny
> paul

i'm in the US and i've one thing to add, though. DVDPacific has been
very good overall, but they have a suck-ass return policy. i had one
dvd come to me and the disc had come loose from the hub in shipping and
was totally scratched up. the disc locked up in my dvd player. when i
emailed them about rturning it, they asked that i send it back so they
could test it on their players and then decide if it warranted a
replacement! i sent it back. TWO MONTHS later, not having heard
anything, i emailed them and they replied that it played fine on their
players and that they would send it back to me. great... now, if the
price is fairly close, i go to amazon, b/c their return policy is much
easier to deal with.

-goro-

P Pron

Ed Kim wrote:
> P Pron wrote:
>> andrew.upton4 wrote:
>>> Has anyone in England used www.dvdpacific.com/ ?
>>> Are they any good ?
>>> How long is their shipping time ?
>>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>> Yes - they're excellent. Neck and neck with DVDSoon on prices, but
>> they're really quick, and give personal replies to email queries
>> almost by return whereas DVDSoon can be slow and infuriatingly
>> silent.
>>
>> I always use their cheapest postage, and seldom wait more than a
>> week.
>>
>> hth & hny
>> paul

> i'm in the US and i've one thing to add, though. DVDPacific has been
> very good overall, but they have a suck-ass return policy. i had one
> dvd come to me and the disc had come loose from the hub in shipping
> and was totally scratched up. the disc locked up in my dvd player.
> when i emailed them about rturning it, they asked that i send it back
> so they could test it on their players and then decide if it
> warranted a replacement! i sent it back. TWO MONTHS later, not
> having heard anything, i emailed them and they replied that it played
> fine on their players and that they would send it back to me.
> great... now, if the price is fairly close, i go to amazon, b/c their
> return policy is much easier to deal with.
>
> -goro-

Surprising!

I had around 100 discs from DVDPacific in 2004 - I was lucky enough to get
only one "rattler", and that was undamaged, so I've not needed to test their
returns policy. Yours is the first report I've seen along these lines....

paul

Ed Kim

P Pron wrote:
> Ed Kim wrote:
> > P Pron wrote:
> >>

> >> Yes - they're excellent. Neck and neck with DVDSoon on prices, but
> >> they're really quick, and give personal replies to email queries
> >> almost by return whereas DVDSoon can be slow and infuriatingly
> >> silent.
> >>
> >> I always use their cheapest postage, and seldom wait more than a
> >> week.
> >>
> >> hth & hny
> >> paul

> > i'm in the US and i've one thing to add, though. DVDPacific has

been
> > very good overall, but they have a suck-ass return policy. i had

one
> > dvd come to me and the disc had come loose from the hub in shipping
> > and was totally scratched up. the disc locked up in my dvd player.
> > when i emailed them about rturning it, they asked that i send it

back
> > so they could test it on their players and then decide if it
> > warranted a replacement! i sent it back. TWO MONTHS later, not
> > having heard anything, i emailed them and they replied that it

played
> > fine on their players and that they would send it back to me.
> > great... now, if the price is fairly close, i go to amazon, b/c

their
> > return policy is much easier to deal with.
> >
> > -goro-

> Surprising!
>
> I had around 100 discs from DVDPacific in 2004 - I was lucky enough

to get
> only one "rattler", and that was undamaged, so I've not needed to

test their
> returns policy. Yours is the first report I've seen along these

lines....

> paul

yes. i thot so. i had good luck and then a string of bad luck as i got
about 5 rattlers in 3 months. i'm especially surprised b/c they
provide such great customer service otherwise. All i wanted was a
replacement of the disc. No go.

-goro-

DVD Pacific Dragon DVD Video 12 01-28-2004 10:18 AM
Who in here knows about DVD Pacific? Grand Poobah DVD Video 5 11-07-2003 01:50 AM
Purchasing Experiences - DVD Pacific Greetings DVD Video 2 10-26-2003 02:18 AM
DVD Pacific B.T. DVD Video 0 10-16-2003 11:37 PM
DVD Pacific - Feedback L.Mercurial DVD Video 2 07-13-2003 02:28 AM

Advertisments