Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Router Cisco 7204VXR

Router Cisco 7204VXR

landau@libero.it

I am experiencing a problem with a Cisco Router 7204VXR with the
fastEthernet interface. The board is model

PA-2FE-TX (FE2/0 and FE2/1): the FE2/1 seems to work correctly, while I
have problems with the FE2/0. After

putting it up and as soon as a data traffic greater than a ping passes
through it, the interface becomes

"frozen", still remaining up. Sometimes this fact causes problems also
to the other interface (FE2/1).
I also replaced the board, but the problem remains. I observed the
presence of a lot of collisions (in

half-duplex mode), while in full duplex-mode neither a ping works.

Thanks in advance for your help

Merv

> I also replaced the board, but the problem remains.

If you replaced the port adpater with a known working adapter and the
problem persists, it may indicate that the slot is damaged.

HeadsetAdapter.com

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> I am experiencing a problem with a Cisco Router 7204VXR with the
> fastEthernet interface. The board is model
>
> PA-2FE-TX (FE2/0 and FE2/1): the FE2/1 seems to work correctly, while I
> have problems with the FE2/0. After
>
> putting it up and as soon as a data traffic greater than a ping passes
> through it, the interface becomes
>
> "frozen", still remaining up. Sometimes this fact causes problems also
> to the other interface (FE2/1).
> I also replaced the board, but the problem remains. I observed the
> presence of a lot of collisions (in
>
> half-duplex mode), while in full duplex-mode neither a ping works.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help

Whan events do you have in your log when this happens? Something should be
recorded, and this should give you a clue, what's going on. Put more details
in your post.

Also, do you have Cisco support for your router? Why don't youcall TAC to
help you with a troubleshooting?

Good luck,

Mike
----