Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > UK Alien Quadrilogy DVD query

UK Alien Quadrilogy DVD query

Richard Stanton

Hello all

I've got the Alien Quadrilogy 9 disk set and jolly nice it is too.
Disk 3 is supposed to be Aliens - containing the theatrical and
extended versions, but all it has is the extended version and some
extras - interview with Jim Cameron and behind the scenes footage.
The menus are also quite different from the menus throughout the rest
of the set. Is this the same for everyone else or have I been sold a
pup?!

thanks

Richard

Irulan

"Richard Stanton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello all
>
> I've got the Alien Quadrilogy 9 disk set and jolly nice it is too.
> Disk 3 is supposed to be Aliens - containing the theatrical and
> extended versions, but all it has is the extended version and some
> extras - interview with Jim Cameron and behind the scenes footage.
> The menus are also quite different from the menus throughout the rest
> of the set. Is this the same for everyone else or have I been sold a
> pup?!
>
> thanks
>
> Richard

Richard, I just checked my copy of disc 3. Now, mind you this is the Region
1 edition.
When you start the disc, look at the right side of the menu. Mine has the
word BACK on there. Click on that and up will come a menu showing 2 versions
of the ALIENS movie: the EXTENDED VERSION and under it the THEATRICAL
version. You can pick which one to watch.
Also, the menu looks the same as the rest of the discs.

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Sean O'Hara

In the Year of the Monkey, the Great and Powerful Richard Stanton
declared:

> I've got the Alien Quadrilogy 9 disk set and jolly nice it is too.
> Disk 3 is supposed to be Aliens - containing the theatrical and
> extended versions, but all it has is the extended version and some
> extras - interview with Jim Cameron and behind the scenes footage.
> The menus are also quite different from the menus throughout the rest
> of the set. Is this the same for everyone else or have I been sold a
> pup?!

What you describe sounds like the old stand-alone /Aliens/ DVD. Does
the behind-the-scenes stuff consist solely of footage with no narration?

--
Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
Matisse was born in 1869. John Denver in 1943. Donna Summer in 1948.

Nick

I've got the r2 and it sounds to me like you've got a dodgy disk. Not that
I'd watch the theatrical version anyway...

richardpstanton@yahoo.com

Richard Stanton wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I've got the Alien Quadrilogy 9 disk set and jolly nice it is too.
> Disk 3 is supposed to be Aliens - containing the theatrical and
> extended versions, but all it has is the extended version and some
> extras - interview with Jim Cameron and behind the scenes footage.
> The menus are also quite different from the menus throughout the rest
> of the set. Is this the same for everyone else or have I been sold a
> pup?!
>
> thanks
>
> Richard

Thanks for your replies. I haven't watched the behind the scenes stuff
yet so I don't know whether there's narration. I thought the same -
that it must have come from a previous release. Perhaps it's a rarity
and will be worth a king's ransom! Look out for it on ebay sometime
soon!