Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Response to Pennacle email satisfaction query.

Response to Pennacle email satisfaction query.

topple

(Email reply to Pennacle survey)

I am sorry, but I took it back to the dealer after a totally frustrating
week with the following problems.

1. Installed it on a standalone PC with no internet connection but when
started it didn't accept .mpg files.

2. Research on an Internet connection brought up the fact that that an
external activation was required for mpgs - this is not mentioned on the
box which falsely states that the product in the box handles .mpgs. (My
Dodge caravan will play DVD movies - if I buy the player. But the dealer
doesn't hide the additional purchase requirement from me.)

3. Connected the media pc to the Internet (a dangerous proposition since
it is XP) but then discovered there is no menu item for auto activation -
only manually entering a number and purchasing premium services.

4. Finally, in an obscure support FAQ, found out how to download an
activation number. Did so, printed it out, keyed it in, got invalid
number message. Again. Again.

5. Removed software, started over, same thing.

6. Got XP techie friend to help because I was about to punch monitor off
desk. Day later, finally got usable activation and installation.

7. Then, after all that I find that YOU STILL HAVEN'T FIXED THE !@#$%^&*
OUT-OF-SYNC AUDIO/VIDEO PROBLEMS that made Studio 8 worthless!!!!!

8. Got in car, drove to town in a mood of hoping that the return desk at
Best Buy would give me ANY slightest bit of flak over returning opened
software. They didn't, were very polite, gave me a copy of Sony Movie
Studio +DVD software.

9. Installed it. Worked great. Built 10 or so DVDs as test that were
flawless.

10 Put Pennacle.* on spam reject list.

Go away. Never again.