Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > editing question

editing question

MauiJNP

ok here's the situation. i got a vhs to dvd recorder for christmas. i
record to dvd-rw and then edit out commericals with the recorder. it is
easy but time consuming. I am looking for a way to put my dvd-rw in my
computer's dvd drive and use software to edit out the commericals in a
fairly quick but accurate method. this way it is not so time consuming to
cut out the commericals. I will then save the file without commericals and
burn it onto a dvd-r (or dvd-rw if that is easier) with my computer's dvd
burner (separate from my other dvd drive mentioned above). if I do have to
burn the file to a dvd-rw instead of a dvd-r, what program could I later use
to copy that dvd-rw stuff on to a dvd-r?

I am looking for some recommended software and some advice, help, etc.
THANKS in advance, I am going nuts trying to figure this all out.

Bill Vermillion

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, MauiJNP
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>ok here's the situation. i got a vhs to dvd recorder for
>christmas. i record to dvd-rw and then edit out commericals
>with the recorder. it is easy but time consuming. I am looking
>for a way to put my dvd-rw in my computer's dvd drive and use
>software to edit out the commericals in a fairly quick but
>accurate method. this way it is not so time consuming to cut out
>the commericals. I will then save the file without commericals
>and burn it onto a dvd-r (or dvd-rw if that is easier) with my
>computer's dvd burner (separate from my other dvd drive mentioned
>above). if I do have to burn the file to a dvd-rw instead of a
>dvd-r, what program could I later use to copy that dvd-rw stuff
>on to a dvd-r?

I like VideoReDo. It has a 30 day free trial period before you
have to buy it. I liked it so much I bought long before the 30
days was up.

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

MauiJNP

"Bill Vermillion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, MauiJNP
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>ok here's the situation. i got a vhs to dvd recorder for
>>christmas. i record to dvd-rw and then edit out commericals
>>with the recorder. it is easy but time consuming. I am looking
>>for a way to put my dvd-rw in my computer's dvd drive and use
>>software to edit out the commericals in a fairly quick but
>>accurate method. this way it is not so time consuming to cut out
>>the commericals. I will then save the file without commericals
>>and burn it onto a dvd-r (or dvd-rw if that is easier) with my
>>computer's dvd burner (separate from my other dvd drive mentioned
>>above). if I do have to burn the file to a dvd-rw instead of a
>>dvd-r, what program could I later use to copy that dvd-rw stuff
>>on to a dvd-r?

> I like VideoReDo. It has a 30 day free trial period before you
> have to buy it. I liked it so much I bought long before the 30
> days was up.

I tried that but the cut points are hard to get exact. is the full version
better?

Bill Vermillion

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, MauiJNP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bill Vermillion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, MauiJNP
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>ok here's the situation. i got a vhs to dvd recorder for
>>>christmas. i record to dvd-rw and then edit out commericals
>>>with the recorder. it is easy but time consuming. I am looking
>>>for a way to put my dvd-rw in my computer's dvd drive and use
>>>software to edit out the commericals in a fairly quick but
>>>accurate method. this way it is not so time consuming to cut out
>>>the commericals. I will then save the file without commericals
>>>and burn it onto a dvd-r (or dvd-rw if that is easier) with my
>>>computer's dvd burner (separate from my other dvd drive mentioned
>>>above). if I do have to burn the file to a dvd-rw instead of a
>>>dvd-r, what program could I later use to copy that dvd-rw stuff
>>>on to a dvd-r?

>> I like VideoReDo. It has a 30 day free trial period before you
>> have to buy it. I liked it so much I bought long before the 30
>> days was up.

>I tried that but the cut points are hard to get exact. is the
>full version better?

I had not problem with the free version. There is no difference
between the free and the paid version.

You do need to go into your preferences to set things up.

Go under the tools tab, and the selecton 'navigation'

You can then set how far the selection moves on the arrows,
and I set mine up for the mouse to move to the next frame.

That way I can get frames right where I want them. The default
mouse movement is 1 second - and that's awfully sloppy IMO.

There are other choices there too.

If you look at the choices you will left/righ arrows also move 1
frame but I like the wheel mouse for this - that's why I moved
it from the default of 1-second. You can customize almost any
thing. For example you could make shift-arrow move 10 or 15
minutes at a time for fast navigation.

You can also set it to go to the next I-frame. I set the next
frame, and then when authoring under TDA I can see the I-frames
easily if I need to cut.

I hope this helped.

Bill
--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

MauiJNP

"Bill Vermillion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, MauiJNP <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>
>>"Bill Vermillion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I like VideoReDo. It has a 30 day free trial period before you
>>> have to buy it. I liked it so much I bought long before the 30
>>> days was up.

>>I tried that but the cut points are hard to get exact. is the
>>full version better?

> I had not problem with the free version. There is no difference
> between the free and the paid version.
>
> You do need to go into your preferences to set things up.
>
> Go under the tools tab, and the selecton 'navigation'
>
> You can then set how far the selection moves on the arrows,
> and I set mine up for the mouse to move to the next frame.
>
> That way I can get frames right where I want them. The default
> mouse movement is 1 second - and that's awfully sloppy IMO.
>
> There are other choices there too.
>
> If you look at the choices you will left/righ arrows also move 1
> frame but I like the wheel mouse for this - that's why I moved
> it from the default of 1-second. You can customize almost any
> thing. For example you could make shift-arrow move 10 or 15
> minutes at a time for fast navigation.
>
> You can also set it to go to the next I-frame. I set the next
> frame, and then when authoring under TDA I can see the I-frames
> easily if I need to cut.
>
> I hope this helped.

yes it did, thanks for the help.

MauiJNP

>>> I like VideoReDo. It has a 30 day free trial period before you
>>> have to buy it. I liked it so much I bought long before the 30
>>> days was up.

>>I tried that but the cut points are hard to get exact. is the
>>full version better?

> I had not problem with the free version. There is no difference
> between the free and the paid version.
>
> You do need to go into your preferences to set things up.
>
> Go under the tools tab, and the selecton 'navigation'
>
> You can then set how far the selection moves on the arrows,
> and I set mine up for the mouse to move to the next frame.
>
> That way I can get frames right where I want them. The default
> mouse movement is 1 second - and that's awfully sloppy IMO.
>
> There are other choices there too.
>
> If you look at the choices you will left/righ arrows also move 1
> frame but I like the wheel mouse for this - that's why I moved
> it from the default of 1-second. You can customize almost any
> thing. For example you could make shift-arrow move 10 or 15
> minutes at a time for fast navigation.
>
> You can also set it to go to the next I-frame. I set the next
> frame, and then when authoring under TDA I can see the I-frames
> easily if I need to cut.
>
> I hope this helped.

Ok, this program is awesome now that I changed the settings. I think this
is a good one that I will purchase and use! One question first, does this
mess up the audio/video being at the same time at all? I would hate to have
those get out of sync. Thanks.

Colon Terminus

"MauiJNP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >>I tried that but the cut points are hard to get exact. is the
> >>full version better?

> > I had not problem with the free version. There is no difference
> > between the free and the paid version.
> >
> > You do need to go into your preferences to set things up.
> >
> > Go under the tools tab, and the selecton 'navigation'
> >
> > You can then set how far the selection moves on the arrows,
> > and I set mine up for the mouse to move to the next frame.
> >
> > That way I can get frames right where I want them. The default
> > mouse movement is 1 second - and that's awfully sloppy IMO.
> >
> > There are other choices there too.
> >
> > If you look at the choices you will left/righ arrows also move 1
> > frame but I like the wheel mouse for this - that's why I moved
> > it from the default of 1-second. You can customize almost any
> > thing. For example you could make shift-arrow move 10 or 15
> > minutes at a time for fast navigation.
> >
> > You can also set it to go to the next I-frame. I set the next
> > frame, and then when authoring under TDA I can see the I-frames
> > easily if I need to cut.
> >
> > I hope this helped.
> >

> Ok, this program is awesome now that I changed the settings. I think this
> is a good one that I will purchase and use! One question first, does this
> mess up the audio/video being at the same time at all? I would hate to

have
> those get out of sync. Thanks.

No problem, VideoReDo will not get the video/audio out of synch. As a matter
of fact, it has provisions to repair out-of-synch files.

MauiJNP

>> > I had not problem with the free version. There is no difference
>> > between the free and the paid version.
>> >
>> > You do need to go into your preferences to set things up.
>> >
>> > Go under the tools tab, and the selecton 'navigation'
>> >
>> > You can then set how far the selection moves on the arrows,
>> > and I set mine up for the mouse to move to the next frame.
>> >
>> > That way I can get frames right where I want them. The default
>> > mouse movement is 1 second - and that's awfully sloppy IMO.
>> >
>> > There are other choices there too.
>> >
>> > If you look at the choices you will left/righ arrows also move 1
>> > frame but I like the wheel mouse for this - that's why I moved
>> > it from the default of 1-second. You can customize almost any
>> > thing. For example you could make shift-arrow move 10 or 15
>> > minutes at a time for fast navigation.
>> >
>> > You can also set it to go to the next I-frame. I set the next
>> > frame, and then when authoring under TDA I can see the I-frames
>> > easily if I need to cut.
>> >
>> > I hope this helped.
>> >

>> Ok, this program is awesome now that I changed the settings. I think
>> this
>> is a good one that I will purchase and use! One question first, does
>> this
>> mess up the audio/video being at the same time at all? I would hate to

> have
>> those get out of sync. Thanks.
>>

> No problem, VideoReDo will not get the video/audio out of synch. As a
> matter
> of fact, it has provisions to repair out-of-synch files.

wow, cool,how would I do that? thanks

Newbie question re editing ACLs S W Cisco 4 11-15-2005 04:45 PM
XML Editing,updating,deleting Question! =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?= ASP .Net 0 11-24-2004 12:19 AM
images editing question RonW HTML 4 01-02-2004 09:56 AM
Apache Batik - Question on editing SVG file and transform the graphics to other formats (e.g. JPG, PNG...) Brian K Java 0 10-12-2003 03:44 PM

Advertisments