Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Burner Program(s) Don't Recognize DVD Writers

Burner Program(s) Don't Recognize DVD Writers

John

I recently had a BIG problem with Windows and had to reload from the
beginning, so I've had difficulties with some of the software/hardware
not operating corerectly!

I can "read" CD's and DVD's on both my DVD/CD drives but none of my
burner programs "see" either drive. According to Windows device
manager, I have a generic DVD/CD drive and a Toshiba DVD SD-R5272
drive.

I tried changing the parameters of each of the drive (in DM) to have
"DMA" (I thought someone told me that a long time ago) but that
doesn't get Nero or Click-n-Burn Pro to "see" either.

Any suggestions to get them to "write" with these programs?

John

Fozzie

Suggest you uninstall Nero. Make sure Registry has nothing pointing to Nero.
Then re-install Nero.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently had a BIG problem with Windows and had to reload from the
> beginning, so I've had difficulties with some of the software/hardware
> not operating corerectly!
>
> I can "read" CD's and DVD's on both my DVD/CD drives but none of my
> burner programs "see" either drive. According to Windows device
> manager, I have a generic DVD/CD drive and a Toshiba DVD SD-R5272
> drive.
>
> I tried changing the parameters of each of the drive (in DM) to have
> "DMA" (I thought someone told me that a long time ago) but that
> doesn't get Nero or Click-n-Burn Pro to "see" either.
>
> Any suggestions to get them to "write" with these programs?
>

> John

John

I tried that but it didn't recognize drives on the computer.

I alos have several other CD/DVD burner programs like HotBurn which
also report "HotBurn did not detect a CD-R/RW in your system."
The two CD/DVD +R/RW drives I have are: an IOMagic DVDRW 1008 and a
Toshiba DVD/CD RW model # R-5272.

I can't find anything like this in any searches I do with key words
like CD/DVD drive not detected, etc.

Wonder if it is a glitch in the ASPI drivers (I'm running Windows
98SE.)

Any other thoughts, anyone?

John