Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Can a music cd be played in a DVD player

Can a music cd be played in a DVD player

geeezzzer@seniorcenter.com

Can a music cd be played in a DVD player?

My computer cd drive died and I dont have any other cd players. I
want to hear a cd I got for Christmas but my dvd player is all there
is to play it. I thought they were only for DVDs but someone said they
also play cds. Is this true? If it is, how do I play it? Do I need
an adaptor or anything? Will the music come out of the tv or what?
Please keep replies simple, I am old and all this hi-teck stuff is
confusing to me.

PS. Can this wreck the dvd player if I do something wrong?

'.;jiolkfAKf[p'////ASfd-qfd-of--old:geeezzzerATseniorcente.com

Rich Clark

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can a music cd be played in a DVD player?
>
> My computer cd drive died and I dont have any other cd players. I
> want to hear a cd I got for Christmas but my dvd player is all there
> is to play it. I thought they were only for DVDs but someone said they
> also play cds. Is this true? If it is, how do I play it? Do I need
> an adaptor or anything? Will the music come out of the tv or what?
> Please keep replies simple, I am old and all this hi-teck stuff is
> confusing to me.

All DVD players can play audio CDs. The music will come from wherever the
sound comes from now when you play a DVD.

You should just be able to stick it in and press Play. It will do no harm.

Do you use an audio system with your DVD player, or just your TV speakers?
There are various ways of connecting things that may give you better sound,
depending on what you have and how much you're willing to get into it.

RichC

Darrel Christenson

> I thought they were only for DVDs but someone said they
> also play cds. Is this true?

Yes.

> If it is, how do I play it?

Put in the CD, push the Play button.

> Do I need an adaptor or anything?

No.

> Will the music come out of the tv or what?

Will play out the same speakers as the dvd sound
does, tv or stereo or whatever you have it hooked
up to.

drc

Asif Igivvastuff

Ummmmm