Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Does Blockbuster or Netflix rent NC-17 rated films?

Does Blockbuster or Netflix rent NC-17 rated films?

-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

Does Blockbuster or Netflix rent NC-17 rated films?

Is one company more restrictive than the other?

Vlvetmorning98

Blockbuster carries NC-17 equivalent films as long as the box says "Unrated".

Netflix carries some NC-17 titles, like THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE, and HER
LOVER, but not others like the uncut DEMONLOVER.

Joe S

Vlvetmorning98 wrote:
> Blockbuster carries NC-17 equivalent films as long as the box says "Unrated".
>
> Netflix carries some NC-17 titles, like THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE, and HER
> LOVER, but not others like the uncut DEMONLOVER.

Blockbuster does rent at least some NC17 movies. I don't know how many,
but look up Pink Flamingos and Female Trouble for examples. They also
carry Cook/Thief, but don't list the rating.

Joe

Invid Fan

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo- <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does Blockbuster or Netflix rent NC-17 rated films?
> >

> Is one company more restrictive than the other?

Depends on the store. Locally they do, even renting both the R and
NC-17 versions of Y Tu Mama Tambien.

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

Nonymous

"Vlvetmorning98" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Blockbuster carries NC-17 equivalent films as long as the box says
> "Unrated".
>
> Netflix carries some NC-17 titles, like THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE, and
> HER
> LOVER, but not others like the uncut DEMONLOVER.

Except for a few exceptions (like Demonlover which is probably just an
oversight), Netflix is the least restrictive. They carry just about
anything when it comes to unrated/nC17 titles. Requiem for a Dream, the
'uncut' American Pies, Bent, YTu Mama Tambien, Dawn of the Dead, The
Dreamers, Badder Santa, etc.

Vlvetmorning98

>Requiem for a Dream, the
>'uncut' American Pies, Bent, YTu Mama Tambien, Dawn of the Dead, The
>Dreamers, Badder Santa, etc.

I've seen uncut versions of all of those at Blockbusters, save for REQUIEM
(which was nevertheles for sale).

Mark Jones

"Nonymous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Vlvetmorning98" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Blockbuster carries NC-17 equivalent films as long as the box says
> > "Unrated".
> >
> > Netflix carries some NC-17 titles, like THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE,

and
> > HER
> > LOVER, but not others like the uncut DEMONLOVER.

> Except for a few exceptions (like Demonlover which is probably just an
> oversight), Netflix is the least restrictive. They carry just about
> anything when it comes to unrated/nC17 titles. Requiem for a Dream, the
> 'uncut' American Pies, Bent, YTu Mama Tambien, Dawn of the Dead, The
> Dreamers, Badder Santa, etc.

I can get the 'uncut' American Pies, YTu Mama Tambien, Dawn of the Dead,
Badder Santa and other unrated titles at my local Blockbuster. There are
quite a few movies that would "slightly" exceed an R rating.

Biz

"Mark Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:r71Bd.7653$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> I can get the 'uncut' American Pies, YTu Mama Tambien, Dawn of the Dead,
> Badder Santa and other unrated titles at my local Blockbuster. There are
> quite a few movies that would "slightly" exceed an R rating.

This was already addressed, the franchise stores dont have to follow the
same rules as the corporate stores, you must rent from a franchise store.

Vlvetmorning98

there are a few titles that only Blockbusters in Canada will stock (TIE ME UP!
TIE ME DOWN! immediately comes to mind)